• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You lot certainly have something over us at the moment we never seem to play well against you these days.
Although we had lost the sevices of 6 (not five
sad.gif
) key players last night we should not really use this as an excuse.
We had no penetration up front and I knew despite a fair bit of posession you boys would score with your first serious shot.
The atmosphere from our lot was a pale shadow of the game against WBA but all credit to you, coming down in good numbers and making a fair bit of noise.
Trust us to let in 5 penalties when last season your boys couldn't hit a barn door from the spot.
Hopefully some of our lads will be back soon and our results will improve.
I dont know what was going on with the army parking, they and the club said it would be open but then they shut it off!
Sorry to anybody who followed my advice to park on there.
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully we will meet again in the league next year, and maybe a few more of our fans will make an appearance
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Don't be a stranger, either, there's always room for decent banter and chat on here.

I simply felt we wanted it more last night - players, mangement, supporters - and wanted to make things happen. Have to say I never felt as confident of winning the penalty shoot-out when I looked at both squads.

Don't worry though. Millennium Stadium - over-rated. Trust us, we've been there .....
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Sep. 30 2004,21:04)]You lot certainly have something over us at the moment we never seem to play well against you these days.
sad.gif
We had no penetration up front and I knew despite a fair bit of posession you boys would score with your first serious shot.
The atmosphere from our lot was a pale shadow of the game against WBA but all credit to you, coming down in good numbers and making a fair bit of noise.
Trust us to let in 5 penalties when last season your boys couldn't hit a barn door from the spot.
I dont know what was going on with the army parking, they and the club said it would be open but then they shut it off!
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season, hopefully we will meet again in the league next year, and maybe a few more of our fans will make an appearance  
biggrin.gif
Keep smiling...

if it's any consolation, we've been in the lower echelons of the football league for too long now and know how you feel when things just aren't going well...

You can see from other posters on here that confidence is high here at the moment... it's not just beating Colchester in a "so called" meaningless competition [that netted us well over £300,000 last year] & I am certainly under no illusions that we'll reach the national final of the LDV again this season, but with this squad... WE ARE GOING PLACES!!!

For me, winning promotion has simply got to be our aim and this year, not next! however, if we win a few cup matches along the way, this all adds to our credibility as serious challengers to any team we come up against...

Make no mistake! we are more than capable of beating ALL the teams in League 2 and a fair few from League 1 also... as was proven last season! we have a management team who live and breathe Southend United and this is reflected in our style of play.

Your elevation to League 1 several seasons ago should make you very proud, but realistically it is a surprise to most people that Colchester are at such an elevated position in what is quite frankly a fairly strong league this year! you should be enjoying that and not bemoaning the fact that we knocked you out of the same competition that could have seen you facing Blackpool at Cardiff last year, rather than us.

Yeovil have been notorious giant killers in their non-league days, as have Sutton United, so it's not uncommon for teams from a higher league to pay a heavy price for underestimating their competitors... what you bore witness to last night, is the fact that there is no pressure on teams in cup competitions and the lower league players can go out there and enjoy themselves!

Your main worry has got to be your limited resources and quite frankly your attendances are rubbish for a League 1 side near the top of the division.

I wish Colchester luck this season and I think they will do well realistically to stay in the division, but I can't imagine a finish higher than mid-table for the reasons given. Hell, it's a funny old game... so I could be wrong!

UP THE BLUES!

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 01 2004,00:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Colchester and proud! @ Sep. 30 2004,21:04)]You lot certainly have something over us at the moment we never seem to play well against you these days.
sad.gif
biggrin.gif
Keep smiling...

if it's any consolation, we've been in the lower echelons of the football league for too long now and know how you feel when things just aren't going well...

You can see from other posters on here that confidence is high here at the moment...  it's not just beating Colchester in a "so called" meaningless competition [that netted us well over £300,000 last year] & I am certainly under no illusions that we'll reach the national final of the LDV again this season, but with this squad... WE ARE GOING PLACES!!!

For me, winning promotion has simply got to be our aim and this year, not next! however, if we win a few cup matches along the way, this all adds to our credibility as serious challengers to any team we come up against...

Make no mistake! we are more than capable of beating ALL the teams in League 2 and a fair few from League 1 also... as was proven last season! we have a management team who live and breathe Southend United and this is reflected in our style of play.

Your elevation to League 1 several seasons ago should make you very proud, but realistically it is a surprise to most people that Colchester are at such an elevated position in what is quite frankly a fairly strong league this year! you should be enjoying that and not bemoaning the fact that we knocked you out of the same competition that could have seen you facing Blackpool at Cardiff last year, rather than us.

Yeovil have been notorious giant killers in their non-league days, as have Sutton United, so it's not uncommon for teams from a higher league to pay a heavy price for underestimating their competitors... what you bore witness to last night, is the fact that there is no pressure on teams in cup competitions and the lower league players can go out there and enjoy themselves!

Your main worry has got to be your limited resources and quite frankly your attendances are rubbish for a League 1 side near the top of the division.

I wish Colchester luck this season and I think they will do well realistically to stay in the division, but I can't imagine a finish higher than mid-table for the reasons given. Hell, it's a funny old game... so I could be wrong!

UP THE BLUES!

blues.gif
Cheers mate I hope you boys do well this season and we continue to consolidate in the league one.
You are right our attendances are a joke but they will not improve until (if0 we move to a new stadium.
I have been waiting for donkeys years already so hey another 5-10 years, I can cope
sad.gif

how come you are playing darlington in the next round and that is a northern team? i thought ldv was split from northern and southern?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 01 2004,19:54)]how come you are playing darlington in the next round and that is a northern team? i thought ldv was split from northern and southern?  
rock.gif
Chaco27saf is correct... We play Darlo tomorrow in the league.

The second round draw for the LDV takes place tomorrow morning and can normally be viewed live on SoccerAM... the matches will then be played in a few weeks time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Over-rated...maybe so

I stil go again tho

Too right, I'd certainly go again. I'll never forget walking up the stairs to the upper tier and catching a glance of the magnificent stadium. I couldn't believe it, Southend United playing at the Millenium Stadium. That will live with me forever.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Oct. 02 2004,07:50)]Oh rioght, i must look really dumb now
rock.gif
Yep
wink.gif

But at least you know that Darlington is up north, which shows far more intelligence than most of your fans.

wink.gif
biggrin.gif

Back