• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
We're all so quick to moan on here but personally I'd like to say a brilliant and big well done to the club. They have put all sorts of extra stuff on Player over the last few months and all these little training videos, pictures and articles are really good for us to get a bit of affinity and support for the team.

Well done Mr Kavanagh, who I think is responsible.

There is a huge effort going on to try and get close to the fans, it really should be recognised.

Compare what is going on now with what the clubs PR has been like over the last few years and it really seems like we are trying to be a professional outfit.

Top marks, well done.

Would have to agree, but it is a shame that the official page seems to lag behind Facebook, though that is probably down to ease and speed of use. But a huge improvement and great hopes for the forthcoming season. :thumbsup:

Have to agree, the Social Media / Marketing output has gone up leaps and bounds. Much easier to keep up with the Blues now, top job to those involved.

Steve got Tom in who has worked at Burton and at Crawley

Tom is a top bloke and always does his best!

Good riddance to the last one who is still profiteering out of the club holding the copyright to photos

to be fair, they are his photos taken by his photographic company. the club as far as I know used his company to be the official photographers for the club just as most other clubs have photography companies taking pictures for them. it just so happened he was also an employee the rest of the time. he was well respected within the profession too.

to be fair, they are his photos taken by his photographic company. the club as far as I know used his company to be the official photographers for the club just as most other clubs have photography companies taking pictures for them. it just so happened he was also an employee the rest of the time. he was well respected within the profession too.

I would like to have a job where I was paid by a company to run my company to charge the same company back for my services !!!

Immoral totally immoral and even more so when it's my football club, no wonder the club never makes any money

He probably saved the club money. I reckon his rates were lower than getting another agency in to do it.

Well no part of his job I would assume as media manager was to take pictures not set up a company and sell the rights back!

That's paying twice !

Depends if he was actually paid by the club or not...
:winking:

Anyway I presume this was done with the clubs consent and as part of the arrangement

I would like to have a job where I was paid by a company to run my company to charge the same company back for my services !!!

Immoral totally immoral and even more so when it's my football club, no wonder the club never makes any money

Please not let's talk morals and our football club. They have very few!!!

Clearly the club were happy with the arrangement as was Scriv. Maybe this was to top up his pay, maybe like the club shop it's a cost effective way of outsourcing.

Southend United dont do anything that doesn't suit them.

Well all I know is that the new twitter man is much better than the last, my favourite moment ever was when my mate asked him about tweeting match updates and just got abuse back because he's busy taking photos don't you know?

Sounds a complete chancer.

Back