• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Before all the stupid comments come along like "where are all the Tilson moaners now!!!!" etc...

I thought Tilson got it spot on today and played about the best team he could with the resources available.

I groaned when I heard Francis was playing on the right side, but fair play he did well. And Dougie looked about 60% fit, but when Barnard came on, he looked worse, so it was about the best decision.

So, whilst one swallow doesnt make a summer and I'm not going to change my opinions because of today, but I'm happy to give credit where due.

Oh and after a bit of a shaky start, Dorian looked very solid and composed alongside Clarke.

Great to get the win, very pleasing!

Fair play to you for still turning up on SZ. I haven't seen the likes of Wiggy and TTK spouting off their poisonous nonsense. Whilst I disagree with you on a lot, you try and back it up with reasons which I can respect, even if I completely disagree with your conclusion.

You perhaps won't be surprised to hear that I disagree with you on today's team selection. I think we won despite it. Moussa should have played centrally. We should have played with more width. I don't think we were any more convincing than we were against Yeovil and Orient (I suppose with Devite we looked like keeping a clean sheet though) and I think this win was as much a law of averages win, as we really should have won at least one of those games against poor opponents who offered little.

Still it is three very welcome points in the bag and I'm sure we're all delighted to see them.

Fair play to you for still turning up on SZ. I haven't seen the likes of Wiggy and TTK spouting off their poisonous nonsense. Whilst I disagree with you on a lot, you try and back it up with reasons which I can respect, even if I completely disagree with your conclusion.

You perhaps won't be surprised to hear that I disagree with you on today's team selection. I think we won despite it. Moussa should have played centrally. We should have played with more width. I don't think we were any more convincing than we were against Yeovil and Orient (I suppose with Devite we looked like keeping a clean sheet though) and I think this win was as much a law of averages win, as we really should have won at least one of those games against poor opponents who offered little.

Still it is three very welcome points in the bag and I'm sure we're all delighted to see them.

Cheers YB.

I think you are definitely right about the lack of width and Francis, Moussa and Barrett all out of position and happy to drift infield, it was all a bit crowded at times.

And yes, I would have been quite happy to see Macca go off at HT and Moussa come into the middle as I think he had a stormer and probably the best game I've seen him play for us - but at the end of the day, I said what I did because we got the win and in the end looked pretty comfortable with it.

It would be sour grapes (of me) to still moan at Tilson after such a performance and at the end of the day, the 3 points is all that matters and the fact we turned in a decent(ish) performance with so many injuries and square pegs in round holes.

Just sounds like you are being a little negative?? ;) :D

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyy?

thought he was totally shocking and laughable throughout the game.

....a little tougue in cheek humour from mattytheshrimper! As we all saw, SF put in more crosses than Betsy has all season and given that he has been pulled from pillar to post over the past 6 weeks to cover for others, it was a good performance that bodes well..........providing he is given the games and encouragement needed to sharpen up in this position.

Well done Tilly - it was the team our little gand gave the nod of approval to at the start and it looked lively throughout.

Back