• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

palexander

Life President
Before all the stupid comments come along like "where are all the Tilson moaners now!!!!" etc...

I thought Tilson got it spot on today and played about the best team he could with the resources available.

I groaned when I heard Francis was playing on the right side, but fair play he did well. And Dougie looked about 60% fit, but when Barnard came on, he looked worse, so it was about the best decision.

So, whilst one swallow doesnt make a summer and I'm not going to change my opinions because of today, but I'm happy to give credit where due.

Oh and after a bit of a shaky start, Dorian looked very solid and composed alongside Clarke.

Great to get the win, very pleasing!

Good to see and well done for giving credit where it's due. I can think of some who wouldn't - wiggy *cough* TTK *cough*

:clap:

I think Tilly got it right today. Francis and Moussa had their best games for a long while and Dougie grabbed a quite brilliant goal. As far as i'm concerned he will take this club forward again, and although we didn't play fantastically well, we looked far superior to a team who simple pummelled us earlier in the season. the most pleasing thing for me, was all 10 outfield players in the net clearly delighted in celebration. Passion and team spirit demonstrated admirably, led of course, by Mr Barrett.

Freedman didnt have the best of games today especially in the first half but Tilly stuck by him and it shows that one bit of brilliance may prove vital, after that he was playing quality

I groaned when I heard Francis was playing on the right side, but fair play he did well.

reallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyy?

thought he was totally shocking and laughable throughout the game.

but fair play to tilly he got the line up rite imo. wanted dorian to start and thats what he did and also wanted to see what theo could do in his best posistion. both worked out well.

but fair play to tilly he got the line up rite imo. wanted dorian to start and thats what he did and also wanted to see what theo could do in his best posistion. both worked out well.

Only listened on Blue's World, but the commentator thought his crossing was causing problems, and he did stick the ball in the net....

I think Tilly got it right today. Francis and Moussa had their best games for a long while and Dougie grabbed a quite brilliant goal. As far as i'm concerned he will take this club forward again, and although we didn't play fantastically well, we looked far superior to a team who simple pummelled us earlier in the season. the most pleasing thing for me, was all 10 outfield players in the net clearly delighted in celebration. Passion and team spirit demonstrated admirably, led of course, by Mr Barrett.

I agree with you, that Moussa played one of his best games for the club. Although, he was selected on the left side of midfield, his best moments were when he had drifted inside. Def a central midfielder.

Only listened on Blue's World, but the commentator thought his crossing was causing problems, and he did stick the ball in the net....

thought he crossing was going straight to the keeper tbh. and when did he get the ball in the net????? lol. freedman scored and clarke got the dissallowed goal.

thought he crossing was going straight to the keeper tbh. and when did he get the ball in the net????? lol. freedman scored and clarke got the dissallowed goal.

That's the problem with "watching" on the radio, sounded like he had scored from the kick. Moussa did nearly get on the end of one of his crosses early on, no?

Francis had a couple of 'Francis Moments' (standing watching space, jogging around etc), but generally he gave us decent width, was comfy on the ball and often got in good positions to put decent crosses in.

Not saying he was spectacular, but solid :)

Compared to his performance at MK Dons, Franno was a 10 out of 10 today!!!
Seriously, he had an ok game. Troubled them at times, put in some good crosses and worked hard, but couldn't keep it up for the full 90. As I said, better than MK Dons and put in a decent performance today.

To be fair playing centre-half one game and then right-wing the next can't be that easy to deal with!

Absolutley spot on, cant understand why people would critize Francis today, I dont think he knows where he is playing until the team is declared on the day.Centre, half full back, midfield, its almost an impossible job.today he did very well but is clearly not a wide player thats not his fault he did a job today.

Thought Tilly made a couple of decisions today which could have proved very unpopular with the crows had they not have paid off, but fair play, we got the three points, and more importantly, it was nice to see Tilly actually try something different.

My initial reaction to Herd being dropped was one of dissapointment, as much for him as anything else, but with reflection, he has looked vulnerable at times, and I guess sentiment can play no part in success - he will improve with time, I think we could have a real gem there, but perhaps experience was the order of the day.

Secondly, playing Francis out on the right side of midfield could have also backfired - FWIW, I thought he was improved from his appearance at MK Dons in December in that positioin, especially when you consider he's fresh from playing in the centre of defence, but he is still a bit of an enigma for me - he is neither one thing or the other at the moment, and the frustrating thing is if he could just improve his defending, he could become one of the best full backs at this level.

You have to hand it to Tilly though, and the boys on the pitch, he somehow managed to get a very commited and full blooded performance today, extremely workmanlike (and that is meant in a complimentary way) and they thoroughly deserved the three points.

Slightly off topic, but I imagine Theo will get most of the plaudits tonight, and deservedly so, as he was a constant thorn in Rovers side, but I would like to mention JFC - I thought he was immense today, arguably his best game for us, and showed today just why he will turn out to be an excellent signing for us - the Vieira of League One perhaps? :)

Thought Tilly made a couple of decisions today which could have proved very unpopular with the crows had they not have paid off, but fair play, we got the three points, and more importantly, it was nice to see Tilly actually try something different.

My initial reaction to Herd being dropped was one of dissapointment, as much for him as anything else, but with reflection, he has looked vulnerable at times, and I guess sentiment can play no part in success - he will improve with time, I think we could have a real gem there, but perhaps experience was the order of the day.

Secondly, playing Francis out on the right side of midfield could have also backfired - FWIW, I thought he was improved from his appearance at MK Dons in December in that positioin, especially when you consider he's fresh from playing in the centre of defence, but he is still a bit of an enigma for me - he is neither one thing or the other at the moment, and the frustrating thing is if he could just improve his defending, he could become one of the best full backs at this level.

You have to hand it to Tilly though, and the boys on the pitch, he somehow managed to get a very commited and full blooded performance today, extremely workmanlike (and that is meant in a complimentary way) and they thoroughly deserved the three points.

Slightly off topic, but I imagine Theo will get most of the plaudits tonight, and deservedly so, as he was a constant thorn in Rovers side, but I would like to mention JFC - I thought he was immense today, arguably his best game for us, and showed today just why he will turn out to be an excellent signing for us - the Vieira of League One perhaps? :)

I think ultimately, the decision to drop Herd is right - we have been calling for experience and the fact he replaced Herd with Clarke effectively was welcome.

Herd will come back better for it - he's had a good taste, played at Stamford Bridge and Elland Road and knows what its all about now.

Great shout on JFC, who you are right, was superb - he is a real bit of class in the side and you can see he's been around the Premiership. He was constantly sticking his foot in, nipping in front of midfielders and he also just gives it simple - very good!

I think ultimately, the decision to drop Herd is right - we have been calling for experience and the fact he replaced Herd with Clarke effectively was welcome.

Herd will come back better for it - he's had a good taste, played at Stamford Bridge and Elland Road and knows what its all about now.

Great shout on JFC, who you are right, was superb - he is a real bit of class in the side and you can see he's been around the Premiership. He was constantly sticking his foot in, nipping in front of midfielders and he also just gives it simple - very good!

I think you're right regarding Herd - we need experience, and despite the fact he has made a promising start, he has made a couple of errors of late, and in a side which has been struggling, it could be risky for his long term development to get caught up in a stuttring side - have huge hopes for the future for him though, no question about that.

I honestly believe that JFC has the potential to be one of the best alround midfielders at this level - No, he may not possess the best passing game, but thats just about his only area which is lacking, the rest of his game is there, and IMO, getting better each week.

You really must have tunnel vision in your backside, what game were you watching? I realise that people will have their own views on games, but from your post you were either asleep or not at the game. Francis isn't a wide midfielder by trade, but put in a workmanlike performance and the transition from 3 games at centre half to wide right may not have been easy.

Last edited:
I think you're right regarding Herd - we need experience, and despite the fact he has made a promising start, he has made a couple of errors of late, and in a side which has been struggling, it could be risky for his long term development to get caught up in a stuttring side - have huge hopes for the future for him though, no question about that.

I honestly believe that JFC has the potential to be one of the best alround midfielders at this level - No, he may not possess the best passing game, but thats just about his only area which is lacking, the rest of his game is there, and IMO, getting better each week.

JFC done OK today, but faded toward the end when more than a few passes went astray. No doubt coming to terms with no Sawyer. I'm not sure he is at his best just yet. I'm sure he will get better.

JFC was much better today, which was a relief as his performances since signing permanently have been worryingly poor. Maybe it was just a case of him lacking match sharpness due to his loan expiry. Hopefully he'll build on today's showing and rekindle his pre-Christmas form.

Back