• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

kattyczaban

to the idiots who abused mccormack after he gave them a tirade for booing the team and the ******* near but not in the blue voice section who abused hunt...in a desperately poor performance was nice to see all the positive comments about support fell on deaf ears...of course we were toothless and ,yes,lethargic but surely these two did not justify the ******** vitriol hurled at them...and as for "were **** and were proud of it"...i hope those "supporters" were talking about themselves

to the idiots who abused mccormack after he gave them a tirade for booing the team and the ******* near but not in the blue voice section who abused hunt...in a desperately poor performance was nice to see all the positive comments about support fell on deaf ears...of course we were toothless and ,yes,lethargic but surely these two did not justify the ******** vitriol hurled at them...and as for "were **** and were proud of it"...i hope those "supporters" were talking about themselves

Spot on. All they will achieve is a club that players are glad to leave and no one with any sense will join. I wonder if Damien Scannell was impressed by all that?

i will go back to my point again and again, people have paid £22 forthat
and if they dont like the product they are pefectly entitled to show their displeasure, the use of the word ******* is highly emotive, i would suggest the ******* are people like yourself, who sit there with blank expressions ontheir faces not wanting to face the facts!! which are we are very poor

dead in the water and if I had £22 to waste, woul dyou spend it on football
or something that you are guaranteed to be entertained??

Is this a joke? McCormack walked around for the first 20 minutes of the second half and the West stand rightly laid into him after yet again showing a complete lack of effort. For him to turn round and tell the fans to "Shut the f*** up", shows what a petulant little **** he is.

Grab a dose of reality and realise mccormack has a screw loose. He spends as much time suspended as he does playing and in case you didn't notice, people were moaning at the fact our midfield stopped playing not at him directly. He took it upon himself to turn on the crowd and got exactly what he deserved. You say we shouldn't criticise the players so what gives him the right to criticise the fans in the newspaper as he did last month. I was supporting Southend twenty years before he joined the club and i'll be there long after he's gone.

you dont go to football to be entertained...its not the theatre...you go because its in the blood,the heart and the soul...i use the word "******"out of anger but look at them some time...the idiocy that spouts from them...i will never sit on my hands and blandly accept whats served up on the pitch...in the alvin martin days i tore up my season ticket and threw it on the pitch(albeit at the last home game!!ha) and im not lets support and encourage whatever...some players respond to a gee up...just listen to how some managers abuse the players...but it was the spiteful and ignorant way it was done...and the feeling that some of these people would actually rather us lose so their voices can be heard above the rest

you dont go to football to be entertained...its not the theatre...you go because its in the blood,the heart and the soul...i use the word "******"out of anger but look at them some time...the idiocy that spouts from them...i will never sit on my hands and blandly accept whats served up on the pitch...in the alvin martin days i tore up my season ticket and threw it on the pitch(albeit at the last home game!!ha) and im not lets support and encourage whatever...some players respond to a gee up...just listen to how some managers abuse the players...but it was the spiteful and ignorant way it was done...and the feeling that some of these people would actually rather us lose so their voices can be heard above the rest

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Once again, Spot on.

I have wasted enough money on watching **** poor performances from Southend in the past , and although i don't ever boo players i can understand the frustration from people in the stands .

Players come and go and whatever club they play for , if they show the same amount of effort and desire as some out there showed today then they will start to get booed from the crowd , i would pay money to anyone who thinks otherwise , it happens all over the world in football ........fact .

How about the players pull their socks up and get on with it and show some fight , as that is what wins fans over.

there was a 5 minute spell of booing (throughly justified) in the 2nd half where it seemed that the players couldnt bothered not attempting to close anyone down etc. It certainly seemed to fire the players up as far as I was concerned as they then seem to start fighting and we had a little bit of pressure

YOU DONT GO TO FOOTBALL TO BE ENTERTAINED.. OH THATS FANTASTIC

MADE MY DAY GOD FORBID WHAT GOES ON IN YOUR HOUSE!!!

perhaps you one of these people that thinks women bathers should still get changed in bathing huts!!!!

brilliant, brilliant brilliant you dont go to football to get entertained.

thats made my day

No one is right or wrong here. Whether you agree with the booing or not, I am afraid when you pay your hard-earned money, you spend countless hours travelling to footballing backwaters accross England and are forced to endure what are rapidly turning into gutless performances devoid of any fight or spirit, people are entitled to their say.

Grab a dose of reality and realise mccormack has a screw loose. He spends as much time suspended as he does playing and in case you didn't notice, people were moaning at the fact our midfield stopped playing not at him directly. He took it upon himself to turn on the crowd and got exactly what he deserved. You say we shouldn't criticise the players so what gives him the right to criticise the fans in the newspaper as he did last month. I was supporting Southend twenty years before he joined the club and i'll be there long after he's gone.

you have a screw loose

I thought that the players deserved the boo's as they were playing as if they'd been on the booze! see what I did there?). However, Macca showed his displeasure at the crowd and immediately started playing like we know he can, as if getting riled is what he needs to get himself going.

I dont agree with those who say that you dont go to football to be entertained, of course you do, but it is how you measure that entertainment that is the key. You certainly dont go to see your team win every match, otherwise we would all be at The Emerates et al. However, you do expect a hard fought spectacle and you hope to see a victory or at least some effort. We have too many players who do not seem to be giving it their all. For me, we have not looked a good side since we brought Maher back into the team and whilst as usual you will all disagree, he is the captain and should be the one rolling up his sleeves and geeing up the players around him....but he doesnt. Other than that, you have to ask whether Tilson has any real plan. We seem to be devoid of ideas match after match and where is this larger, stronger squad that we were promised?

there was a 5 minute spell of booing (throughly justified) in the 2nd half where it seemed that the players couldnt bothered not attempting to close anyone down etc. It certainly seemed to fire the players up as far as I was concerned as they then seem to start fighting and we had a little bit of pressure

Can't argue with that , i thought Mccormack in particular up'd his game and started` to show some effort after the booing .

The amount of time on the ball the Rovers Mifielders where getting was laughable today , you give any proffesional player time on the ball and they will make you pay , and thats what happened today

Gower - not intersested unless balls at his feet , Bailey had a poor game and i have only seen him play 5 times and has not impressed me yet .

Macca had a woeful first half and clearly is lost out wide , Maher was the best out of them all as at least he tried to make things happen and close down the opposition.

i actually made that point in the chat room...i think our last good run saw no maher in the team and Harrold up front :cool:

Apologies - I DO go to football for entertainment. So hands up from everyone who enjoys paying £20 to be bored solid?
Now I have no problem if a player isn't good enough. I know I wouldn't be but a player not making effort? Unforgiveble in my view.

Sitting in the East, I was unaware of the situation with Alan McCormack, so can't really comment on it. From my view point, there seemed to be quite a vocal section in the West Stand voicing their displesure at what we were all witnessing, and quite rightly too, it was not the way I had planed on spending New Year's Day!

Whilst some people did again go over the top with some of the comments I heard, there is no getting away from the fact that an increasing number of supporters at the club are getting very disgruntled with recent events, and I am amazed that some people on here seem to think it surprising that they are making their feelings known at the match!

What do you actually expect supporters to do after witnessing yet another inept home performance and yet another home defeat, to a team we should be beating comfortably? Stand up and give the team a rousing ovation? Shout out copious amounts of praise, despite the fact it wouldn't be worthy? It is a football match for crying out loud, and in this day and age, people are paying a LOT of money to go and watch their team, and have EVERY JUSTIFICATION in letting the team and management know exactly what they think of the value for money, or lack of, they are receiving.

In all honesty, considing how poor our home record has been this season, I would say the home crowd as a rule have been extremely patient, and today was the first real time I have heard any major discontent. But the people who seem to find it all so terrible that the players got booed today, what do you think happenes at other clubs up and down the country when they are witnessing the kind of football we saw today? Do you think we are unique in this? Do you think this has not been going on since football began? Please get a reality check, this is one of the most immotive and passionate sport around, and when things are going well, you will see grown men cheer, smile and act like 2 year olds on a day out at the ice cream parlour, so why is it so shocking to understand that the opposite reaction is invoked when the wheels are falling off?

The comment about not going to football to be entertained amused me somewhat - if you are not going to be entertained, why are you going at all? Surely you are wasting your money doing something you don't enjoy? You made some remark about people being ********, well I have to say, if you are spending lots of money on a hobby you don't enjoy or get any entertainment out of, who is the stupid one?

The booing and criticism the players received today was completely justified IMO, they got what they deserved, as did the management team, and perhaps it may actually do them some good. As I said, largely the crowd have been very patient, but I don't think anyone was left in any doubt today as to how we, the supporters, felt after that performance, and maybe they may decide to buck their ideas up and start performing to the level they are capable of.

Back