• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

spoons

Manager
Here are a few of mine
Hearing 20000 Southend fans singing their hearts out.
Piggots oh so late leveller.
All the penalties, and the courage of our players having to take penalties at Wembley in front of braying Wycombe fans.
Bentleys save.
Timlin falling over the presentation stage and then diving over it again.
So many others but over to you now to add some more:smile:

I remember thinking that the pitch looked weird and not very close to the fans at all.....

Head in hands in the 120th minute with one eye on the exit......Then.....PPPPPPIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!! I grabbed just about every stranger around me and could of bloody kissed them all!

Coker missed and had that sinking feeling again.....Bentley saves 4th and more eruption before the final crazy moment Bentley made the last save where we all went bonkers

Seeing the boys up there on the balcony lifting the trophy and the feeling of immense proudness, not to mention the feeling that we are finally out of this tinpot league!!! Onwards to LEAGUE ONE.....

The feeling of losing to another inept refereeing display snuffed out by the pig scoring in oh so added time. Thinking Weston you Muppet we are losing get a move on. Oh my God he crossed it. Wycombe dirty falling over defining injury tricks. The joy of 20k real Southend fans singing their hearts out. Those yellow scarves being waved Most of all the look on the faces of the fourteen kids we took who had the time of their lives Oh and the end of a 49 year wait to see us win at wembley

We had 3 old gits behind us moaning at everything,no need blokes.

I've supported Southend for 49 years and, although I have seen very many better-quality football matches, I have never experienced anything like the atmosphere, the tension, the drama and the final relief and elation that I experienced at Wembley yesterday. As an aside, I was impressed when I was watching my Sky box recording of the match when I got home by the fact that Paul Smith was out on the pitch giving support and encouragement to Dan Bentley - real professionalism from our now third-choice goalkeeper. I also saw Neil Harris with his family in the Club Wembley foyer, clearly there as supporters and, hopefully, not trying to sign Michael Timlin!

Going to Wembley and winning, absolutely awesome. Oh, and my Missus not asking stupid questions at critical moments in the match.

Back