• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wembley Stadium Could be sold by FA

Utterly utterly ridiculous idea.

If the FA want to invest in the grassroots of football, it should stop the £211 million (2017/18) paid by Premiership clubs to players agents, this is money that is going straight out of the game.

Players agents are to embedded in the global game to stop agent fee's, so i personally can't see how it would stop...they wont do it for nothing, but however a cap on agents fee's could be an option or a % of the sale going directly to the FA to be re-invested in grass roots football.

Apparently the 127 local fa reps are far more concerned that even if they get their own share of the £600 million sell off, it won't amount to much as they think they will wait years for their own individual councils to hand over the council land to build the 3G pitches with floodlights on.

There's always a nimby in every street, especially if it over looks their back gardens. and we all know (sadly) too well ourselves how long Southend Borough Council have taken to approve Fossetts Farm, let alone larger towns and inner cities with less council owned green space than us.

Personally, i'm hoping they will unite together and vote to block the idea of selling our national stadium (built from the public purse) to a private investor solely for his own personal financial gains.

If he's so desperate for a UK base for his NFL team and has such great wealth why doesn't he build his own stadium?
The reported £600m would soon evaporate and no doubt actually be much less after all fees etc have been deducted. If it were a few billion on the table for a term-lease then maybe consider it but what he's offering is peanuts more so since it's less than what it cost to build let alone all the interest costs since accrued. If the local reps are deluded enough to believe that they will get their mitts on large chunks of the proceeds from such a sale then more fool them!

Pitch looks awful, the NFL games are really ruining the pitch! Sod off back to America or get your own stadiums.

Agreed, pitch looks awful, worse than ours last season.

Agreed.. That is shocking!!

But to be fair to Wembley, it's hardly their fault...they made that NFL contract ages ago for big bucks)..

I'm a Huge fan of Spurs,..However... If they actually got their **** together and built the stadium on time in the first place, Neither team shouldn't be playing on this surface in the first place....

That pitch reminds me of the late 90's when England had to play against Albania or other eastern european teams in mid winter.

Add to that, other options were available months in advance......Basically I blame Tottenham!! not Wembley.... and it pains me to say it, but it really is the honest truth.

To be fair to the groundsmen, they can only do what they can do, in less than 24 hours in winter.

Last edited:
As the commentators say it benefits a lot of the South American players as they’ve been used to playing on worse.

Fault lies with Spurs and Levy. They could have just done a deal to play at Wembley until the end of 2018 but instead decided to work on a game by game basis. Anyone could see their new stadium wouldn't be completed and available for use this year....other than Levy it seems.

I wonder if Pochettino has had enough of playing at Wembley. It's certainly ruining any chance Spurs have of challenging for the Prem. The Real Madrid job is up for taking after all.

He must surely be on RM's radar, he'd be ideal for them. I reckon he'd have more chance of winning a trophy there than by staying with Spurs.

Back