• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wenger

MK Shrimper

Striker
Allegedly reported to be stepping down in the summer. I'm amazed he's not been sacked years ago, the perrenial bridesmaids in the Prem.

Why should he have been sacked?. He does exactly what his owners want, a top four finish. That's what they budget for, never the title, that dream is for fans not business people.

Financialy and stadium wise Arsenal are in a great position. Still I always have a little chuckle when I hear Arsenal fans say "the problem is Wenger never spends the money".....Really?

Agree with Rigsby, the owner publicly says he doesn't want trophies, he's in it for the money. He's got a bit of record of prioritising profit over fans, he's absolutely hated in St Louis for buying the Rams (their NFL team), renaming them the LA Ram and moving them to Los Angeles because it's more profitable there, leaving St Louis without a team. Wenger is doing exactly what he wants him to, he freely admits he's in it for profit in this interview.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...y-arsenal-stake-to-win-trophies-a3202046.html

It will be interesting to see what happens when Wenger does leave, look at manure the last few seasons.

Why should he have been sacked?. He does exactly what his owners want, a top four finish. That's what they budget for, never the title, that dream is for fans not business people.

Financialy and stadium wise Arsenal are in a great position. Still I always have a little chuckle when I hear Arsenal fans say "the problem is Wenger never spends the money".....Really?

Agree with you...but I actually blame the fans for constantly packing out the stadium at ridiculous prices,the very same fans whine when the trophy cupboard is pretty bare.

The owner demands from the gaffer top 4 and Wenger delivers.

He's been a great manager and to last so long at any club is an incredible achievement these days. Arsenal also deserve credit for sticking with him despite their fickle fans, most clubs would've sacked him long ago. It probably is about time he stepped down, though. Doesn't feel like he can take Arsenal any further than what they're doing at the moment.

I'd love to see Eddie Howe as the next Arsenal manager, think he'd be a good fit, doubt it'll happen though what with him being English.

think you're getting someone confused with George Best.

Nope, just getting the Charlton brothers mixed up.

That said it was not true "
the story about the cheque tru...
The cheque is a load of rubbish. It's an old Stanley Matthews story; that he'd stop at a pub, settle up with a cheque because he hadn't any money on him, and the bloke would stick the cheque on the wall instead of cashing it. But if there's one person in Ireland who can produce a cheque from me that was given for that reason by me... well, I'll, I'll... give 'em a load of money. It was a piece that was written by a nasty journalist at the bottom end of a piece and I got on to me solicitor because it's a load of rubbish." https://www.theguardian.com/football/2004/jan/09/newsstory.sport

Wenger has done a great job overall no doubt...the thing i do not understand is how his team has become such wimps in many ways, especially when he knows exactly what type of player is needed to win the league....adams, campbell, viera, petit etc etc, yet over the last decade he has failed to address the need of tough leaders in the team...just buys the same sort of player over and over.

Watching the gooners get a footballing lesson from Bayern!

How good are the Germans - Gooners are 4-1 down with half hour left :smile:

Apparently he is going to join the Brexit team. If you want to get out of Europe without a fuss, Wenger is a genius

Apparently he is going to join the Brexit team. If you want to get out of Europe without a fuss, Wenger is a genius

Yep, he certainly didn't put up much of a fight with ze germans over the last week. I'm wondering if he really will last until the end of the season.

Back