• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Last night I parked my car on Broad Oak Way I asked a group of Stevenage fans who were also parking their car if there was a path through to the away end further up the road.

The answer I received was, "You're gonna lose tonight" in a very aggressive tone.

The question is, was I unlucky, or were the rest of them like that?

Didn't talk to any Stevenage fans myself, but both sets of supporters were mixing happily enough in Our Mutual Friend prior to kick-off.

Thought the Stewards were a decent bunch, weren't over zealous with the seating/standing arrangements and even thanked us for coming and wished us luck for Thurs on the way out. Had to laugh at their "firm"....the group of a dozen 12-16 year olds in the corner of the terrace to our right. What a bunch of muppets they were. Spent the entire game goading our support, bouncing up and down making gestures. Was great seeing them get taken out one by one by the stewards and plod. Silly little boys. The "Boro Bandits" they call themselves by all accounts :hilarious:

Other than that a standard away day with no bother.

Last edited:
Away fan happily assisted a Southend banner being placed in the main stand between home and away sections. No issues from home fans sat metres from me for entire game. No issues at all

They stopped leting people into the ground bar so we had to ask a few people where the enarest palce to gt a drink was. Everyone seemed pretty normal to me . However their burgers were awful

Some of their songs were embarassing to league two, I was ill so couldn't attend and I cringed what I heard on TV - infact the whole match quality, pitch and crowd were not a great advertisement for the lower leagues.

A couple songs that made me cringe were:

"Wellsy knock him out...Wellsy, Wellsy knock him out"
"Timlin is a pu**y hole, Timlin is a pu**y hole"

Some of their songs were embarassing to league two, I was ill so couldn't attend and I cringed what I heard on TV - infact the whole match quality, pitch and crowd were not a great advertisement for the lower leagues.

That is brilliant.

Walked from the station and had a few 12 year olds shout "seafront boy" at me, not sure if that is supposed to be an insult of some kind? At least they might manage to pass their geography GCSE. Other than that they seemed alright and had no problems at all.

They stopped leting people into the ground bar so we had to ask a few people where the enarest palce to gt a drink was. Everyone seemed pretty normal to me . However their burgers were awful

How's your voice this morning? You were doing a lot of shouting last night!

I think Timlin has proved otherwise now....

Last night I parked my car on Broad Oak Way I asked a group of Stevenage fans who were also parking their car if there was a path through to the away end further up the road.

The answer I received was, "You're gonna lose tonight" in a very aggressive tone.

The question is, was I unlucky, or were the rest of them like that?

Only "native", as you charmingly put it, I recall talking to was the barmaid at the Mutual Friend; no complaints at all!

Only "native", as you charmingly put it, I recall talking to was the barmaid at the Mutual Friend; no complaints at all!

2ae0d41eafdf2d5560712fdc17330db9.jpg

Agreed - "native" is a shocking word to use. Well said, Mick.

Apologies for the younger idiots amongst our fans. Really hoping they grow out of it or in a few years the Barmy Army is going to become an embarrassment.

I knew that injury reminded me of something:winking:

Good to see most of them seem to like us (from Borochat):

Southend Fans

Knuckle dragging, obnoxious ******s. Did nothing to expel the Essex boy myth.

I assume he meant dispel rather than expel but let's not dwell on his illiteracy.

The fat boy in the pink was in the bar beforehand acting like a right prick.

Thought they were ok. You ok? Need a wee wee?

I actually thought most of them were very decent. A lot better than I expected.

Yep. No problem with them.

Preferable to the Wycombe and Plymouth lot, certainly!

Had a far bigger issue with the usual part-time ******s pretending to be Stevenage fans that the Police ended up ejecting.

Had a box at the game last night, you can either stay in the box to watch the game or sit in the main stand, we did the later.

TBH, those around us offered up banter in the right spirit, were as derogatory about their own team as much as ours.

Having taken a box at Roots Hall for the Luton game, I'm disappointed to say that Stevenage's hospitality was far superior, in terms of the facilities being well decorated, the food good and the staff very welcoming, helpful and friendly.

Didn't talk to any Stevenage fans myself, but both sets of supporters were mixing happily enough in Our Mutual Friend prior to kick-off.
Spoke to a few Stevenage fans in the mutual friend and they were fine. They kept saying they didn't want us in the playoffs, would rather anyone else but us. I have 2 Stevenage mates from uni who said the same thing, really unhappy with getting us. Hope this filters to the Stevenage players.

Back