• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Were they SUFC fan's?

Completely outers, but really, they were having a "sing song and party" then managed to get "chased" back to their hotel where a group of blokes waited outside till 5am for no reason?

Methinks there's more to this than just a woe betide us thing going down here.

And if it's anything, nobody was "tooled up", sounds like your typical bottling/bottle slash thingy quite common in Southend on a Saturday night. The fact that Wet Spam are mentioned too would point more to it just being a bunch of complete pricks anyway rather than Southend just going for them for the hell of it.

Completely outers, but really, they were having a "sing song and party" then managed to get "chased" back to their hotel where a group of blokes waited outside till 5am for no reason?

Methinks there's more to this than just a woe betide us thing going down here.

And if it's anything, nobody was "tooled up", sounds like your typical bottling/bottle slash thingy quite common in Southend on a Saturday night. The fact that Wet Spam are mentioned too would point more to it just being a bunch of complete pricks anyway rather than Southend just going for them for the hell of it.

There's two sides to every story and this is undoubtedly a tad one sided, but that's still no excuse, outrageous behaviour.

If the burbery boys want to have a tear up with like for like individuals then fair enough, but when they chase the average fan its not on.

Not good at all, and also not something I thought we had a reputation for these days. Everyone I saw was mixing happily, chatting and laughing - inside the ground it was fine. I'd also take issue with the fact that West Ham are mentioned and would suggest that those involved were probably not our typical supporters.

If anyone from SCFC is reading this, please pass on my best wishes to those involved for a speedy recovery and don't judge us all by the behaviour of some morons.

News from the Echo states it was 12-15 AM along Marine Parade when the two County fans walking along were involved in an altercation with 3 others?
No mention of Southend fans there and sure if it was football related we would have been tagged?
I think whoever did this should have the book thrown at them at least but could it be just two guys walking along in a different setting and set apon by 3 idiots?
Just trying to balance before we are tarnished with yet more unwanted crap coming our way. If it was Southend "FANS?" then that should also be addressed.
Sympathies go to the two guys involved.

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/8133301.Two_men_stabbed_on_Southend_seafront/

Last edited:
"You know who you are..." - I hope nobody on SZ or reading SZ is that much of a **** that they'd do something like that!

I think the ones who had the issue of people outside until 5am were the people who found the Stockport fans who'd been attacked and told the p
Police which is probably why

this really surprises me as it was all in good spirits really. it wasn't like those brighton *****, although i do think there may be more to the story than just that to be honest.

*Thread title changed as it does not say anything about them being SUFC fans*.

Playing devils advocate there is no actual proof they are Southend fans at all...

Could just be a group of local youths. Either way not acceptable but not sure we should be taking the blame just yet.

Not like were notorious for using knifes or have any problems with Stockport. It was such a nothing match saturday be suprised if anyone could be bothered.

Last edited:
load of old bollox, just sounds like a night out on southend seafront, propbably acouple of Koso's doing the damage, I love the bit that because they were in southend must have been southend fans, yer sounds like our lot doesnt it, stabbing people for fun down the front, then chasing after them in cars trying to get through there hotel rooms !!!zzz for a start our mob are to young to drive!!! Sounds to me like typical orrible ****s that live in this town that we all have to put up with daily.

Its a Bank Holiday w/e & the town has a huge influx of people from outside the area. The crime rate is always higher & nearly involves non-Southenders. I think the natural reaction is always blame football, rightly or wrongly!

Its a Bank Holiday w/e & the town has a huge influx of people from outside the area. The crime rate is always higher & nearly involves non-Southenders. I think the natural reaction is always blame football, rightly or wrongly!

yeah probably some pricks from london, happens quite alot.

WE've had a rep for the last few years as well behaved fans , and Saturday at the match as has been said was a great atmosphere . Shocked and all the best to the Port fans recovering. Hope the scum are caught.

Most pointless thread ever?

Shall we just start a thread for al crime in this town?

Actually, better not, the lefty brigade wouldn't like that... surely? As everyone knows, all crime is committed by foreigners anyway.

Just hope when Southend play Stockport next season they don't look for revenge on innocent Southend fans. I would be amazed if any Southend fans were involved. i've had a drink with Stockport lads a few years back and they were good lads and no one deserves to be stabbed just going for a night out anywhere.
Anyone caught armed with a knife should get 10 years without parole they are cowards who aren't brave enough to fight their own battles

Back