• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In recent weeks, the lads have really shown the character and desire that should have been enough to take us to L1. But, and I hate to say it, would we realistically have been able to complete? We'd be dead and buried if we had a 13 match winless run in the league above. Just trying to find some kind of consolation here!

I have no idea if the team would have struggled in L1,But I do know during the winless run we were bottom of the form guide thus suggesting we were the worst team in L2 at that time.

I thought this at full time, this is a young squad with little experience in L1, another year and add some players with experience at that level and I think we could be ready next year.

I thought this at full time, this is a young squad with little experience in L1, another year and add some players with experience at that level and I think we could be ready next year.
unfortunately our best players this season were all loanees ,will we get the same quality next season?

unfortunately our best players this season were all loanees ,will we get the same quality next season?

I don't dispute that Egan and Jakub have been excellent finds and Jamar Loza for his magic against Oxford.
But I think our best players this season were all our own - Dan Bentley, Lenny, Hursty, Ben Coker, BBBC - lets just hope we can hang on to them for next.
PB obviously has a knack/contacts etc so I believe he will find suitable loanee replacements as required.

I don't dispute that Egan and Jakub have been excellent finds and Jamar Loza for his magic against Oxford.
But I think our best players this season were all our own - Dan Bentley, Lenny, Hursty, Ben Coker, BBBC - lets just hope we can hang on to them for next.
PB obviously has a knack/contacts etc so I believe he will find suitable loanee replacements as required.

Can't see Bentley or Leonard being here next season, Coker is a maybe. Hurst's bad form should mean he will stay here next season, Corr I'd be suprised if he left, he had his opportunity to leave and decided to stay, Brown put faith in him and I doubt anyone else would pay for him at this stage. Egan I think would have signed for us if we'd been promoted but it seems unlikely now. Brown will have to be at his best in the transfer market, he's found some excellent defenders but in terms of midfielders he's worked mainly with what he already had outside of Atkinson, hopefully he has a few replacements in mind.

I've never understood this type of question really - If you get promoted, how can you not be ready for it? We're talking about going up to League 1, not mixing it in the Champions League :)

In terms of size, we are a natural fit for League 1 - In terms of potential, perhaps the Championship with a new stadium. That counts for little of course, but in terms of being capable of competing at League 1 level, of course we are.

As for the squad, no doubt Brown will have had to strengthen, which he is going to have to do now anyway, but I can honestly say that we'd have been far more equipped to deal with League 1 football than either Fleetwood or Burton having seen them this season.

I don't see us losing too many players in the close season - Bentley perhaps for a decent fee, but Lenny and Hurst have signed new deals and I suspect won't be going anywhere.

I think everyone thought we weren't ready for it last time and we went out and won as Champions!

Back