• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IloveShrimp

Director⭐
After the fantastic night that was Wednesday, I have to say that Luggy really got away with it imo.

Both goals against us were down to two defenders who in my opinion at least one should not have been playing Barker and Phillips, also when Orient hit the bar it was down to Barkers defensive lapse and the goal scored by BBBC could have been given offside culprit = Phillips.

Don't get me wrong but both Barker and Phillips looked off the pace for me and Phillips was actually limping throughout the game.

If was in Luggy's place and I had to gamble, I would have had Barker at CB (baring in mind Phillips was limping and allegedly needed injections before he could play) with Straker who I think has been excellent the last two games at LB. I would not have gambled on the fitness of two positions when I only needed to gamble on one.

Could have been very costly!

UTB

Were all going to Wembley, Were all going to Wembley..... nananana! :smile:

Phillips was my man of the match!

Barker I agree with and got caught out far too many times. Think it was him who lost Mooney for the 2nd goal and also the incident leading to Batt hitting the bar.

I'd rather praise Sturrock on this occasion for making the ballsy but fantastic decision to bring Corr on in the first half. Yes it can be argued he made a mistake in not starting him but at least he made the change.

Wemberlee, Wemberlee, we're the famous SUFC and we're going to Wemberlee

Phillips was my man of the match!

Barker I agree with and got caught out far too many times. Think it was him who lost Mooney for the 2nd goal and also the incident leading to Batt hitting the bar.

I'd rather praise Sturrock on this occasion for making the ballsy but fantastic decision to bring Corr on in the first half. Yes it can be argued he made a mistake in not starting him but at least he made the change.

Wemberlee, Wemberlee, we're the famous SUFC and we're going to Wemberlee

Really? Made no attempt to defend the ball for the first goal whatsoever. It was clear he was injured and well off the pace.

Really? Made no attempt to defend the ball for the first goal whatsoever. It was clear he was injured and well off the pace.

Yes looking at it from the highlights and the fact he said he couldn't feel his feet due to the injections he just couldn't stop Batt from nipping in and steering his shot into the corner.

He just didn't know where Batt was and positioned himself for the ball to come to him rather than him going towards the ball.

Who cares, we're going to Wembley!! :happy:

What choice did we have? Corr, was needed elsewhere & Phillips has sacrificed his welbeing for the club! RM will have been pushing for PS to do whatever to get to Wembley. Job done, luck ridden, but who cares! You need luck at times!

After the fantastic night that was Wednesday, I have to say that Luggy really got away with it imo.

Both goals against us were down to two defenders who in my opinion at least one should not have been playing Barker and Phillips, also when Orient hit the bar it was down to Barkers defensive lapse and the goal scored by BBBC could have been given offside culprit = Phillips.

Don't get me wrong but both Barker and Phillips looked off the pace for me and Phillips was actually limping throughout the game.

If was in Luggy's place and I had to gamble, I would have had Barker at CB (baring in mind Phillips was limping and allegedly needed injections before he could play) with Straker who I think has been excellent the last two games at LB. I would not have gambled on the fitness of two positions when I only needed to gamble on one.

Could have been very costly!

UTB

Were all going to Wembley, Were all going to Wembley..... nananana! :smile:

Barker was probably our worst player on the night. putting him at Centre Half wouldnt have been an improvement.

As for Phillips, on the 1st goal it wouldnt have been given us offside because he wasnt interfering, he would only have been offside if the ball went to him and if he had Corr wouldnt have been in a position to score anyway. So not sure how that matters.

Who cares if we "got away with it", we had to play a league one side over two legs with key players missing and a makeshift side, they had 2 chances to stop us. Add to that we beat another league one side earlier in the competition.

Its rather odd to start looking for negativity, just appreciate the achievement!

What a stupid thread, yes we got away with it, but you need luck against high opposition, you make your own luck. As for Phillips and barker, Phillips I thought was immense and maybe starker should have played at left back, but we are through and after all the squad has been through PS deserves massive credit.

He just didn't know where Batt was and positioned himself for the ball to come to him rather than him going towards the ball.

It's his job to make sure he knows. Be aware of what is around him.

This is what I find interesting. Had it been Prosser in Phillips position, he would have been ripped to bits, bad defending etc but because it's Phillips, he gets an excuse why he didn't make the tackle. Laughable really.

It's his job to make sure he knows. Be aware of what is around him.

This is what I find interesting. Had it been Prosser in Phillips position, he would have been ripped to bits, bad defending etc but because it's Phillips, he gets an excuse why he didn't make the tackle. Laughable really.

Batt's movement was good, what I'm saying is that your wrong is saying he made no attempt to clear the ball as he was positioning himself to clear it, just got beaten by the quicker reactions from Batt.

It was a gamble and it just about paid off. Reeves and Corr got them out of jail. Heroic as their efforts were, they both got caught out for a goal each.

But who gives a ****. We're going to Wembley!!!!

Batt's movement was good, what I'm saying is that your wrong is saying he made no attempt to clear the ball as he was positioning himself to clear it, just got beaten by the quicker reactions from Batt.

To be fair it was bad defending.

Phillips should have got to the ball first.

Who really cares though...

Most league 2 defenders would have been static during the first goal. Most people wouldn't normally comment if it wasn't for sky banging on about it.

Personally I thought Phillips was excellent, certainly won more than his fair share in the air, which was more than Prosser who won nothing.

The point I was trying to make is that if it had been Prosser he would have been slated, because its Phillips it's ok and we can find an excuse for the poor defending.

I would imagine that a very high percentage of goals at all levels can be put down to a defender that could of done better.
That's just the nature of football. Can't really see the point in blaming people unless they do it on a regular basis. In that case they would be dropped any way.

Back