• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham and Southend links

Napster

No ⭐
Inspired by Yorkie's post, here's a list of playing/non-playing connections - bold if they delivered for us, italics if not (in my opinion). Caveat: they have played for West Ham first and must have played at least once for them in a senior game - any additions, let me know.

Roger Cross (West Ham player, head of SUFC recruitment)
Peter Storrie (Director of Football, CEO of SUFC)
Brian Dear (West Ham player, bartender)
Bobby Moore (West Ham player, SUFC manager)
Ted Fenton ((West Ham player, SUFC manager)

Paul Brush (West Ham player, SUFC player and coach)
Mike Beesley (played for both)
Andy Smillie (played for both)

Steve Jones (played for both)
Frank Lampard Snr (played for both)
Lee Chapman (played for both)

Jeroen Boere (played for both)
Frank Nouble (played for both)
Derek Woodley (played for both)
Ken Bainbridge (played for both)
Charles Cotton (played for both)

Simon Livett (played for both)
Elliott Lee (played for both)

Kevin Lock (played for both and coach)
Lawrie Leslie (played for both)

Martin Allen (played for both)
Don Travis (played for both)
Bill Adams (played for both)
Kenny Brown (played for both)
Kevin Keen (West Ham player, SUFC coach)
Zavon Hines (played for both)

Mike Marsh (played for both)
Anton Ferdinand (played for both)

George Parris (played for both)
Alvin Martin (West Ham player, SUFC manager)
Kevin Bond (West Ham scout, SUFC manager)

Lee Hodges (played for both)

Last edited:
Inspired by Yorkie's post, here's a list of playing/non-playing connections - bold if they delivered for us, italics if not (in my opinion). Caveat: they have played for West Ham first and must have played at least once for them in a senior game - any additions, let me know.

Brian Dear West Ham player, bartender 😂

If the bar at Roots Hall was a manager it would be Alvin Martin or Kevin Bond (both inexplicably missing from your list despite me naming them in the post that inspired this list).

Jeroen Boere cost us £10k a goal in transfer fees (not including wages, which were no doubt substantial). Hard to consider that a success.

Mike Marsh was a wonderful talent but at a club record £500,000 his transfer was a financial disaster that led to back-to-back relegations.

Anton Ferdinand after a good first season went off a cliff and had to be paid off, which contributed to back-to-back relegations.

Jeroen Boere cost us £10k a goal in transfer fees (not including wages, which were no doubt substantial). Hard to consider that a success.

Jeroen Boere is one of my favourite ever blues players.

His clearly displayed contempt for the game, opposition players, the club and the fans were an inspiration to me.

jeroen.jpeg

On the flip side Lee Hodges was a success as a loanee. Junior Stanislaus and Kenny Brown were ok as loanees.

But **** me there are some appalling players on that list: Simon Livett, George Parris, Zavon Hines and everyone’s favourite Franck Nouble.

On the flip side Lee Hodges was a success as a loanee. Junior Stanislaus and Kenny Brown were ok as loanees.

But **** me there are some appalling players on that list: Simon Livett, George Parris, Zavon Hines and everyone’s favourite Franck Nouble.
Lee Hodges was poor. Typical ineffective work shy late 90s winger.

Wasn't there a player that only appeared once for us - scored away at Grimsby I think after a few minutes, we went on to lose that game ......... and that was it?

Or have I just made all that up?

Nouble's miss vs Charlton still haunts me to this day. Quite possibly the worst miss I've ever seen at a live game.

Nouble's miss vs Charlton still haunts me to this day. Quite possibly the worst miss I've ever seen at a live game.
We were 1-0 up away at Fleetwood in the closing minutes - the ball is hoofed out of defence & all Frank has to do is keep the ball in along the touchline & win a throw in. Oh no - he fails to control the ball properly, the ball comes straight back into our penalty box & Fleetwood equalise. You couldn't make it up.

Back