• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sorry I'll spell it out for you. Local professional league club!

But you said "local Club" not Local proffessional club. Where as Canvey, Billericay and Chelmsford are "local Clubs" :raspberry:

I don't think it is acceptable, I've been to many games in the past that haven't involved Southend, as a 'guest', accompanying work colleagues when we've been working away and their teams were playing nearby and my wife's relatives when we've been visiting.
It's never crossed my mind to wear my 'colours' in somebody else's back yard, just went in 'civvies'. Personally, I think it's just plainly ignorant and disrespectful, apart from being, in the case of the Gallowgate at St James' Park just downright dangerous and stupid......:unsure:

If some Spammers are happy to come and watch the game in 'civvies' and not sing songs while sitting in the home areas then I can tolerate that but turn up in colours and start 'giving it large', I think that's the Cockney term :winking:, and ......... :omg:
Absolutely the way I see it. If you're sitting in what is a recognised "home" section of a team, you either wear their colours or you wear something neutral....i.e. ordinary day to day clothing. I can just about tolerate seeing England colours worn in our section by non regulars but every time I see someone wearing a Man U, Spammers, Spurs etc top, I always think "how ignorant".

Last edited:
Absolutely the way I see it. If you're sitting in what is a recognised "home" section of a team, you either wear their colours or you were something neutral....i.e. ordinary day to day clothing. I can just about tolerate seeing England colours worn in our section by non regulars but every time I see someone wearing a Man U, Spammers, Spurs etc top, I always think "how ignorant".

For a league game sure, but a friendly where we are making money from them who really cares?

Maybe as West Ham will have half the crowd it would be better to do as someone suggested and let them have the West Stand.

I don't understand or agree with the idea that you can 'support' a premier club and your local club. Just my personal view but I can only support one club and that is my home team. My father came from Tottenham and I have an interest in Spurs' scores but I can't say I support them. I know it's contentious but I can't stand seeing WH shirts in Southend. If you want to support them go and live in Plaistow or somewhere west of Romford. Live in this area then support your local team.

I'm Southend born and bred, and a season ticket holder to boot. At the age of 25 I had to move because of work commitments and now live in south London. My 'local professional' club is AFC Wimbledon. Should I change my loyalties then?

Don't tell me I shouldn't be supporting Southend United because I don't meet your geographical criteria. I'm as Blue as you are.

It's a frickin pre-season friendly -- chill out.

Somewhat difficult when you are sitting in a 'home' section of the ground, and you have mouthy plastic cockneys nearby, full of testorone (due to several Stellas) spouting off throughout the match bristling for confrontation. If they want to exercise their vocal chords with the boring 'bubbles' rendition, or continuously commence every sentence with 'faaacckin this or faaacckin that, then sit with your own ilk.
There is no point in asking them to show respect and keep the volume down if sitting amongst home fans, because unfortunately that do's not comprehend in their heads. I am sure that once all pre season friendlies have been played, there will be accounts on here of unsavoury incidents having occured at our games with West Ham, Millwall, and Tottenham.

Somewhat difficult when you are sitting in a 'home' section of the ground, and you have mouthy plastic cockneys nearby, full of testorone (due to several Stellas) spouting off throughout the match bristling for confrontation. If they want to exercise their vocal chords with the boring 'bubbles' rendition, or continuously commence every sentence with 'faaacckin this or faaacckin that, then sit with your own ilk.
There is no point in asking them to show respect and keep the volume down if sitting amongst home fans, because unfortunately that do's not comprehend in their heads. I am sure that once all pre season friendlies have been played, there will be accounts on here of unsavoury incidents having occured at our games with West Ham, Millwall, and Tottenham.

Have we got Millwall as well? Must have missed that.

But they are only doing it to get a reaction... why give them what they want? Is it so hard to just ignore them?

Have we got Millwall as well? Must have missed that.

Believe its on the tuesday evening, 3 days before the Tottenham game. I've no doubt many of South Londons scroats are looking forward to a day at the seaside on a pub crawl, before attending the game. They caused mayhem at their game at Brighton midweek in February, so the seaside air must affect their moronic minds somewhat.
The only consolation being, if our 'summer' continues as it is, they will get soaked!

I don't understand or agree with the idea that you can 'support' a premier club and your local club. Just my personal view but I can only support one club and that is my home team. My father came from Tottenham and I have an interest in Spurs' scores but I can't say I support them. I know it's contentious but I can't stand seeing WH shirts in Southend. If you want to support them go and live in Plaistow or somewhere west of Romford. Live in this area then support your local team.

I actually live in Geat Wakering so according to you do I now have to and support Wakering Rovers and turn my back on Southend United?

For what its worth i am as passionate as anyone about our beloved football club, my house is in my wifes words a shrine to the mighty shrimpers, my son who is now 8 has been bought up on my love of southend united and he will complete his third season as a season ticket holder next year. we do go to some away games as well but not many, so if southend are not at home then we often go to billericay town, 1/2 a mile from where i live. they went up this season as champions and we were as happy as anyone about that and i actually enjoy going, however if they lose we walk away a bit dissapointed but not gutted etc or devastated in a way that we do from roots hall. my father also a season ticket holder as links to everton and therefore we also follow everton and visit goodison park 2 or 3 times a season and love it for so many reasons, the crowd, the atmosphere, the football, star players etc BUT my first love will always be southend united to teh day i die.... but yes you can follow/support more than one team, maybe easier if it is like a team from up north rather than one on your door step!!!!

I actually live in Geat Wakering so according to you do I now have to and support Wakering Rovers and turn my back on Southend United?

Keep up read all the posts. This is nothing to do with where you live locally or being a Southend exile, like another poster. It's from someone living in the Southend area, like you, posting on a Southend fans forum, giving my view on west ham fans in Southend, wearing west ham shirts in Southend. If they live here like you do, I feel they should support their local professional league club ie Southend or at least not wear west ham shirts around the town. No- one has to agree with me, this forum is here to voice opinions.

Keep up read all the posts. This is nothing to do with where you live locally or being a Southend exile, like another poster. It's from someone living in the Southend area, like you, posting on a Southend fans forum, giving my view on west ham fans in Southend, wearing west ham shirts in Southend. If they live here like you do, I feel they should support their local professional league club ie Southend or at least not wear west ham shirts around the town. No- one has to agree with me, this forum is here to voice opinions.

What if you live in Basildon?

Southend?
Daggers?
West Ham?

Or does it not matter?

Blimey thats taking things even further.

Not wanting West Ham shirts in the home ends is one thing, but to expect no other football fans to where their shirts around Southend is a bit much.

Back