• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham fans

Andy_S

Member of the Barry Corr Fan Club
I was amazed to see the attendance at the West Ham Vs Sheff Utd game was 19,444. Now considering there was just over 30,000 for their game with Derby last week, with few Derby fans in attendance, where have they all gone? Are they really that fickle that 11,000 of them can just turn round and decide not to support their team? Incredible.

Hopefully their dwindling support will help our gate increase.
smile.gif

Probably down to the fact that those who were seaso's couldn't be arsed to pay the extra money to watch the same old sh*te.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Barmy Army @ Jan. 29 2005,21:57)]Probably down to the fact that those who were seaso's couldn't be arsed to pay the extra money to watch the same old sh*te.
and the championship being more important..

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Jan. 29 2005,21:16)]I was amazed to see the attendance at the West Ham Vs Sheff Utd game was 19,444.
FA Cup.

WS

Yeah I understand that it was the FA Cup, but to lose 11,000 off your last league gate is pretty bad.

I was speaking to a mate of mine from football who supports West Ham. He went along to the FA Cup match but cost him Ā£30-40 and on top of that beer money, programme, bit to eat, travel expenses and his a season ticket holder which costs him Ā£600-700.

Their league gate will drop to the same level next year when their fans realise that they aren't going to see an easy promotion campaign. West Ham are just another supposedly big club with a "diehard" support which evaporates in times of need. How many of those did we come across in our division 1 days?

All things are relative I guess - we'll have to wait and see what their hardcore support turns out to be but if it is 19,000 then that makes them a pretty average Championship side as far as I can see.

I work with 3 Hamsters and one of my cousins is one too of the 4 my cousin lives in Hockley and is a season ticket holder and never misses a game. One of my work mates is from romford she goes most games she can. The other two live in woodford and they havent been since westham dropped out the premiersh*te as they feel they cant pay for anything other than the permiersh*te the arses!.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Feb. 01 2005,23:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] West Ham are just another supposedly big club
they are a big club though!
I disagree they are a 'big club'.

They have never ever been a big club, the last thing they won was the 1980 F.A Cup and never in their history have they been a consistant league team.

in my opinion to be a big club you have to win major trophies, consistantley be a top half top division side and keep consistant big attendences even when the club has a few blips (eg Man Utd and being relegated in the 70's)

thats why the likes of Man City, Newcastle and West Ham can never really be regarded as 'big clubs' as its quite a small select group.

Back