• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Ham in Monday's Programme

Prodigal Son

Manager
I hope Mr. Scriven can answer this post. The bigger programme is good but I refer you to page 27 where Matt Walker says ''we are a minnow compared to West Ham'' ,'' West Ham have always been a giant compared to us'' and ''we should continue to welcome Hammers fans to home games with welcome arms''.......

I have no idea who Matt Walker is but is this the club's official stance? Do you have editorial control?

Apologies to those who had to witness an anti-WHU thread recently do we have o have this in the programme glorifying WHU?

He also mentions ''bragging rights'' but I have never met a Col U fan despite spending all of Sunday in Col******r so just who exactly do we brag to? It's a bit like North and south Korea in that you never see them.

Maybe we can give the WHU fans their own section of Roots Hall?

It is ... and he's right ...

WS

tounge.gif

PS ~ We have a Col Ewe "fan" here in Javea; he went into hiding at about 3pm on Monday and we haven't seen him since ...

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 31 2005,22:42)]Thanks XS, I've probably targeted another legend !
biggrin.gif

Now you really do need to target another legend: The Flying Scotsman aka Shagster69 aka Agogo SMS man ... he's upset a lot of people ... although I laughed ... and laughed ... and then took a look through my West Ham programme from Saturday ...

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 31 2005,22:24)]... we are a minnow compared to West Ham

... West Ham have always been a giant compared to us

... we should continue to welcome Hammers fans to home games with welcome arms
No matter how much anyone despises the Hamsters, the above is true. Simple.

Maybe the 'welcome arms' is taking it a bit far for supporters who don't like Wet Spam... and Matt, did you criticize supporters who take it too far by wearing a Wet Spam shirt to the Hall? Surely the wearing of claret and blue to a Southend game [/B]is taking things too far?

I agree that we need anyone's money though and - personally - antone should be welcome to pass through our turnstiles.

As for editorial control... Matt gives his time to contribute qulaity writing to the programme and in return... he's surely allowed to voice his opinion.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Aug. 31 2005,21:33)]It is ... and he's right ...

WS

tounge.gif

PS ~ We have a Col Ewe "fan" here in Javea; he went into hiding at about 3pm on Monday and we haven't seen him since ...

biggrin.gif
'He went' or you 'put' him into hiding
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 31 2005,21:42)]Thanks XS, I've probably targeted another legend !
Good job nobody knows where I live!
Its your problem now mate you wait for Matt to write a novels worth of a reply!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Replace minnow with small and replace giant with big but I don't buy in to the need to invite them via the official programme. Give them their own part of ther ground and be done with it.

Oh dear, I have criticised one of the untouchables so I will be in for a slating today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 01 2005,09:48)]Oh dear, I have criticised one of the untouchables so I will be in for a slating today.
MtS? Untouchable?! NAH! Go for it! GO FOR IT!

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 31 2005,21:24)]He also mentions ''bragging rights'' but I have never met a Col U fan despite spending all of Sunday in Col******r so just who exactly do we brag to? It's a bit like North and south Korea in that you never see them.
Can you imagine Southend as Seoul and Col******r as Pyongyang?

Hilarious!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Sep. 01 2005,08:48)]Oh dear, I have criticised one of the untouchables so I will be in for a slating today.
Here we go, the old clique thingamyjig. No such thing, especially where MtS is concerned.

There are no cliques in Shrimperzone (just the 'in' crowd and the outsiders
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 01 2005,12:07)]There are no cliques in Shrimperzone (just the 'in' crowd and the outsiders
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
)
There are no Cliques on this board just SUFC supporters and those in Armchairs!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 31 2005,21:42)]Thanks XS, I've probably targeted another legend !
Legend? Hardly!

laugh.gif

Prodigal... it was me, and that's my opinion on my feature page. Feel free to agree or disagree with me, I don't mind.

Glad you're reading the article, though - at least I'm doing something right!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Sep. 01 2005,05:23)]Matt, did you criticize supporters who take it too far by wearing a Wet Spam shirt to the Hall? Surely the wearing of claret and blue to a Southend game is taking things too far?
In fact, Prodigal Son left out the passage in my article criticising that very thing:

even though claret & blue may not be universally popular colours in the town (and even less so at Roots Hall)...

cool.gif

Quite a laid back response there from Matt. Must of taken his medication today!

biggrin.gif

Back