• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
I was thinking today about the West Ham game this saturday and how quiet evrything is leading up to this game. Nothing on the website, re ticket sales etc.

Does anyone know how they have gone?

Also based on the fact we have no GK (Bentley apart) and only one CM available (Kane, assuming MT isnt fit yet) what sort of line up do people think we will put out. With available players i think we will have to go 4-3-3.

Thoughts anyone.

I was thinking today about the West Ham game this saturday and how quiet evrything is leading up to this game. Nothing on the website, re ticket sales etc.

Does anyone know how they have gone?

Also based on the fact we have no GK (Bentley apart) and only one CM available (Kane, assuming MT isnt fit yet) what sort of line up do people think we will put out. With available players i think we will have to go 4-3-3.

Thoughts anyone.

how do we go 4-3-3 with 1 centre mid???? :winking:

how do we go 4-3-3 with 1 centre mid???? :winking:

0-4-1-4-2 is a decent shout.

Not surprised we havent heard anything, its only a friendly.

As for formations my guess (hope) is we are going to revert to 2 strikers like we did at the tail end of the season, however as its a friendly its not a game Id be measuring our potential against too much.

I would rather watch paint dry than pay anything to see Wet Spam, so on that basis I am out.

Not fussed about West Ham but do fancy taking kids to a game whilst its warm and sunny. Ok, mild and raining.

Dont have tickets yet though so will see....

Not fussed about West Ham but do fancy taking kids to a game whilst its warm and sunny. Ok, mild and raining.

Dont have tickets yet though so will see....

Indeed. I'm taking my eldest (he'll be four in August) to his first game this Saturday. Hopefully his top (and mine) will arrive in the post on Saturday before we leave.

Because it's a pre-season friendly I don't mind if he only lasts until half time. The second half is usually rubbish what with all the substitutions that are usually made.

Indeed. I'm taking my eldest (he'll be four in August) to his first game this Saturday. Hopefully his top (and mine) will arrive in the post on Saturday before we leave.

Because it's a pre-season friendly I don't mind if he only lasts until half time. The second half is usually rubbish what with all the substitutions that are usually made.

Yeah good test, he will no doubt pay no attention whatsoever and be bored, but at least he can say "It was back in 2012 my Dad first took my to my first West Ham game" :smile:

Took my daughter at 3 to a reserve match (the Michael Ricketts game) and she had enough by half time. My son went to his first game this season at 4 (almost 5) and lasted the whole game, with the help of an iPad.

What team will we put out? Errrrhhhhh - something like a 2-8-8-4 is possible as it might be that there is a completely different 11 for the second half! :winking:

The game will be about fitness, getting a little sharper and staying injury free ........ but having said that it will still be quite interesting to see what pairings are used upfront and in defence ...........

and who plays in the central midfield area ....... there has been some suggestion on here that the new man, Hurst, might be a candidate. :unsure:

I personally would be pleased to see Bentley in goal - good experience, eh what, ginger?

As to the comments about paying to see West Ham ......... perhaps you have missed the point? Surely you are paying to see Southend play, no? :dim:

My point of the 4-3-3 was that Kane would play in the middle with maybe Hall and Hurst either side as the three.

As for the game, i hate West Ham with a passion, but im not going to support them, but support Southend. To be honest, Millwall and Ipswich will bore the life out of anyone if last years game against Ipswich was anything to go by and the Spurs game will be all youngsters so this is probably the highest profile game we have.

I imagine we'll have a few trialists playing in goal and in midfield but would be nice if Bentley got 45 minutes. I'm going to a wedding reception on Saturday so can't make it and to be honest am quite glad, there's always an unpleasant atmopshere when we play them and their fans just wind me up. Hate them with a passion.

We could be on for a real thrashing then. They are a prem side, a week ahead in Pre season and would have played two or three games by saturday, whereas we haven't even got a regular keeper and might have a team with trialists. Seems a really odd game to have at this stage of Pre season.

We could be on for a real thrashing then. They are a prem side, a week ahead in Pre season and would have played two or three games by saturday, whereas we haven't even got a regular keeper and might have a team with trialists. Seems a really odd game to have at this stage of Pre season.

From a football perspective YES.

From a commercial perspective NO.

Has no bearing on anything, its a friendly, doesnt matter if we win 10-0 or lose 10-0.

Its just a fund raiser to start getting fitness up, nothing more.

Ive never understood why people have this mentality of im not going to roots hall if the hammers are there.

The same people constantly moan about how we get outnumbered etc.

Heres a clue. Your the reason for that!

I'll be there

Ive never understood why people have this mentality of im not going to roots hall if the hammers are there.

The same people constantly moan about how we get outnumbered etc.

Heres a clue. Your the reason for that!

I'll be there

Each to their own, for me it's not particularly against the Spammers it's pre season friendlies in general. The only one I normally do is Canvey as it's a 10 minute walk away.

It's summer, we've got the Olympics and the Saffers are here for a highly anticipated test series. It doesn't mean I'm not interested in all things SUFC it's just that I'm not overly enthused abot friendlies when there's lots of other summer sport going on.

Back