• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Armstrong, Bigirimana, vickic are probably the three most recognised players there and so probably out of our league!
samuelsen was at posh last season I believe so could be him?

Armstrong, Bigirimana, vickic are probably the three most recognised players there and so probably out of our league!
samuelsen was at posh last season I believe so could be him?

As the son of our former goalkeeper, I found Woodman to be the most recognisable !!!

Samuelsen is a class act, made his debut at the Hall (along with Payet)....,

Are we assuming it was a WHU player rather than a NU player that was scouted?

If we believe that this is related to Brown's comment at the weekend “I’ve got a little bit of hope from a Premier League manager who has called me to tell me we’re in pole position for a striker of theirs..." then that would make the most sense.

My money's on Samuelsen - wasn't he big mates with Hendrie, so maybe that's swayed things in our favour.

If we believe that this is related to Brown's comment at the weekend “I’ve got a little bit of hope from a Premier League manager who has called me to tell me we’re in pole position for a striker of theirs..." then that would make the most sense.

My money's on Samuelsen - wasn't he big mates with Hendrie, so maybe that's swayed things in our favour.

well it wont be Martinez, he's highly tipped for first team this season.

Hope so. Samuelson is a class act and has a very bright future. Can really pick a pass which is what we have been missing big time.

I think that Samuelsen's form dipped a bit towards the latter part of last season with Peterborough, coinciding with Peterborough's awful run of results that was, if anything, worse than ours. He certainly hardly got a look in when we played them away when we used a 3-5-1-1 formation. O'Neill was the right wing back in that game and, with back-up from Bolger, he kept Samuelsen pretty quiet for most of the match. Peterborough played him mostly down the left flank using his speed and close ball control skills to cut into the penalty area of opposing teams.

I was at last night's game - Samuelsen was very disappointing, apart from one run into the penalty area when he was fouled which led to West Ham's 1st goal, his time at Posh does not appear to have improved his game.
Rice at CB was West Ham's MOTM but is only 17 year old and could not cope with League 1 football so is not the answer to our present problem at that position.
Strange sort of game, 1st half all West Ham, 2nd half it was backs to the wall stuff as it was all Newcastle.

Back