• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
Really interesting series this as they should be two evenly matched (ie flawed) sides, but both are teams who look as if they finally may be ready to start making some progress now the WIndies have dropped that waster Gayle and Pakistan have purged most of the match-fixers.

I think Pakistan may have made cricket history by opening with a spinner in the first innings of a test match. It would smell of spot-fixing, other than Devon Smith is atrocious facing spin bowling.

I'm hoping for big things from Lendl Simmons (nephew of Phil) and Darren Bravo (half-brother to Dwayne) as I think they can be big players in the WIndies' revival - talking of which keep an eye out for Fire In Babylon which is due to hit cinema screens soon. IMO Smith is keeping a spot warm until Adrian Barath is fit again and Nash until Dwayne is back from the IPL. Roach, Rampaul and Bishoo have the makings of a respectable attack although God knows what Sammy is doing in there, get in Fidel Edwards or Andre Russell.

From Pakistan I'm hoping Mohammad Hafeez continues his progress he showed in the ODIs and develops into a steady influence at the top of the order for Pakistan. It's a big opportunity for Shafiq and Azhar Ali to further their embryonic careers. Pakistan's batting has been woeful in recent years, hopefully these guys can show some backbone and make them a competitive side again. I'm still gutted that Afridi has retired from tests.

Ultimately, I think the slow, low pitches may turn out to be the winners, but if both sides can show some application and discipline and resist throwing away their wickets this could be the start of the comeback for two once great cricketing sides.

I watched a bit of this over the weekend. Low scoring tests are often every bit as fascinating as higher scoring ones, but in truth this really did look like two teams doing their best to throw away winning positions. The last wicket partnership from Chanderpaul (I can't believe they were trying to retire him) and Bashoo that took the lead over 200 seemed the decisive point.

Neither side are going to trouble England for a few years yet.

Ravi Rampaul has the rather impressive figures of 8-5-4-3 against Pakistan's neighbours.
India 44-4 at lunch off 27 overs*.

Good news for the WIndies that, that means Sammy is on course for a suspension for slow over rates!

*Sehwag isn't playing.

India all out for 201, their third low score on the trot, sadly W.Indies have not been able to muster a single decent total and are 30/3.

India all out for 201, their third low score on the trot, sadly W.Indies have not been able to muster a single decent total and are 30/3.

This series would have been awesome if the WIndies still had a Lara.

Back