• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another visit and more Ales tested and all found to be very good indeed.
They had some "peanut butter stout" in cans that tempted but I couldn't quite summon up the enthusiasm or appetite.

Popped into Pasta Pia with the family for evening meal. On to the Tap and had a great beer with a cucumber finish tonight.

Can't remember what it was called but it was top drawer.

Picked up a Belgian beer from Kings Off Licence (best in the area) on Hamlet Court Road and drank it walking on the beach to Leigh. Quick stop at the billet and then back to Benfleet.

Popped into Pasta Pia with the family for evening meal. On to the Tap and had a great beer with a cucumber finish tonight.

Can't remember what it was called but it was top drawer.

Picked up a Belgian beer from Kings Off Licence (best in the area) on Hamlet Court Road and drank it walking on the beach to Leigh. Quick stop at the billet and then back to Benfleet.

Heard a lot of good things about that place too. Any recommendations?

Living in Rochford which is full of good Pubs.
It takes me a lot to go to a pub Southend, but this is the best bar around.
Going to be packed before home games.
If you go before season starts, Will licence says drinking outside is not permited after 9. Part of licence.
So it gets quite packed inside after that. As that's just under his capacity.
Will used to work with me at Billericay Brewery as the main brewer, but has gained his dream, running a brilliant Free House.
Nice Bloke. Nice Place. :Worthy:and Brilliant Ale from Many micro breweries.
My favourite a tin (craft) of Black Beer from Croatia.

Living in Rochford which is full of good Pubs.
It takes me a lot to go to a pub Southend, but this is the best bar around.
Going to be packed before home games.
If you go before season starts, Will licence says drinking outside is not permited after 9. Part of licence.
So it gets quite packed inside after that. As that's just under his capacity.
Will used to work with me at Billericay Brewery as the main brewer, but has gained his dream, running a brilliant Free House.
Nice Bloke. Nice Place. :Worthy:and Brilliant Ale from Many micro breweries.
My favourite a tin (craft) of Black Beer from Croatia.

Which Rochford pubs are worth a visit these days.

I did The Shepherd and Dog, Punchbowl and Plough and Sail a few weeks ago and they were all decent.

I did The Shepherd and Dog, Punchbowl and Plough and Sail a few weeks ago and they were all decent.

Probaly the best out of those three for Ale. I would say is the Shepherd and Dog.
In Rochford the best two are the Golden Lion (bit of a old boys pub but ales are good) and The Miley behind Sainsbury's.
Marlboro Head has just reopened not been there since but understand it not bad.

I haven't been able to get down to The Tap for a few weeks; my excuses are poor;- too busy, too tired, too late for taking the woof etc :BUT Mrs G has been getting me some cans of BrewDog Punk IPA, as sold at The Tap, very good but I miss the small excitement of a "new" and well poured, proper beer so I WILL be back!

Did the Plough and sail still do Double Diamond .

I had a very good pint in The Tap this evening; the boss there is hoping for some good trade before and after the game on Saturday. I recommend this for people who like a good pint - but be aware there is NO lager!

I had a very good pint in The Tap this evening; the boss there is hoping for some good trade before and after the game on Saturday. I recommend this for people who like a good pint - but be aware there is NO lager!

No problem about no larger (for me at least)! But it is pretty near the designated away pub ie The Plough,is it not?

Good welcome at The Tap, a good crowd of Shrimpers in there.
And not a Rover fan seen there or near The Plough PH; nor any PLOD seen in West Road or Shaky Drive - is Police Football Intelligence officer an Oxymoron?.

Back