• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Sham Shocker!

JPR

Having cheated the Blades out of their rightful place in the premiership and got away with all sorts of alleged dodgy financial shenanigans, I heard today that West Sham demanded six grand from the Shrimpers for the game on the 28th July. It's nice to know that they have absolutely no shame. How much did they cheat their way to by avoiding relegation? It makes you sick.

If I was Tilly or RM, I wouldn't have payed a £1 to arrange for my team play against them.

It's totally sick.

It's business. You can't expect them to play for nothing.

We will make a tidy profit from the game regardless of the £6K that the Hamsters want, and that's all that matters.

I heard last pre season that Arsenal ask for 500k for a pre season friendly.

I know Arsenal are more high profile than West Ham, but 500k....!!

you should say how much teams have to pay Brazil to play them in a freindly!

Sickening that things like this go on. Like players being payed to play for their Countries! Surely they should do it for free the pride and satisfaction. Just shows how bad the football has got it is no longer a sport its just a business!

It's a job! Would you work for nothing?

Since the 60's football always was a business - anything else is rose tinted Roy Of The Rovers crap.

And for the record, England players have agreed to pass any fee they get for playing for England onto charity.

Having cheated the Blades out of their rightful place in the premiership and got away with all sorts of alleged dodgy financial shenanigans, I heard today that West Sham demanded six grand from the Shrimpers for the game on the 28th July. It's nice to know that they have absolutely no shame. How much did they cheat their way to by avoiding relegation? It makes you sick.

Yawn, yawn, and double yawn ...

Sickening that things like this go on. Like players being payed to play for their Countries! Surely they should do it for free the pride and satisfaction. Just shows how bad the football has got it is no longer a sport its just a business!

How do you mean nolonger a sport? England players have always been paid to play.

I don't get this... why should West Ham agree to come to us for nothing? They will be incurring costs, after all. Bearing in mind it will probably be a sell out they have only asked for just over 50p per person attending which I think makes it a stonking deal for us.

Regardless of what some people think West Ham are a Prem side and will probably be quite a big draw for many clubs for pre-season friendlies.

I don't really understand why people think that this is so out of order.

Back to my comments last week that other teams could seemingly attract decent opposition and that for us the Spammers were an easy way out option, I've now found out that Hartlepool United have only now arranged a pre-season game with none other than AZ Alkmaar (a team who've been at or near the top of Eredivise in Holland for the past 3 or so years)*

* - disclaimer (yes, I also know they've got Newcastle at home as well but I don't think they have such distaste for them as we do our "friends" from the east-end. It would be like us having Spurs I'd say)

Trouble is, these pre-season friendly against the "big" boys and overseas teams are just a chance for them to play their youth team. I had the misfortune to witness MK Dons vs Athletico Madrid a few years ago - if one of the A Madrid players were over 18 I'd eat my pants....I was a terrible, terrible match, made all the worse that I'd given £15 to MK Dons.

At least with Wet Spam you're likely to see some first team players.

£6000 whats your point?? £6000 thats ****ing pennies, the first 300 people are westhams the rest is ours?? thats a ****ing quality deal, if you want to go and watch a ****ing muggy game like this

I don't get this... why should West Ham agree to come to us for nothing? They will be incurring costs, after all. Bearing in mind it will probably be a sell out they have only asked for just over 50p per person attending which I think makes it a stonking deal for us.

Regardless of what some people think West Ham are a Prem side and will probably be quite a big draw for many clubs for pre-season friendlies.

I don't really understand why people think that this is so out of order.

I agree. Great post.

Indeed, thought £6k was actually very low bearing in mind we will get 200k if we sell out.

I still dont see the problem playing West Ham, a decent money spinner, hopefully as good an atmosphere you can get at a friendly.

All these people complaining will be singing a different tune if we actually won it :)

If it really is only £6000 then I want an explanation as to why that should be a factor in charging £20 a head for the match. I was given the impression that the Hamsters were charging a fortune and had envisaged a figure between £50k and £100k.

I wouldn't think £6k would cover their expenses!

If it really is only £6000 then I want an explanation as to why that should be a factor in charging £20 a head for the match. I was given the impression that the Hamsters were charging a fortune and had envisaged a figure between £50k and £100k.

I wouldn't think £6k would cover their expenses!

Actually that is a good point. When some people have asked the club why they are charging 20 quid one of the main reasons given was that they had to pay West Ham to come. While the statement is true, the amount they are "allegedly" paying is hardly a reason for the high admission price.

Im more happy to pay £20 knowing its going to SUFC rather than WHFC.

If we can get a tidy sum out of it thats a positive.

Back