• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West Stand and Cashless Card

If the club don't make a profit from food, then perhaps they should - given the price of it I cannot see how they don't!! I was willing to give it a go last night, but like others near me, the point of having to put £5 on a card to get a drink did annoy me.

Yes, I can get the remaining money back if I go to the ticket office, but my time and effort is worth more to me at the moment. The 'topping up' of the card was quick and simple and there were plenty of operatives around to take my money.

Personally, if this system is introduced, there needs to be an incentive to use it and that means better food and everything at a reduced price. My view is there should be both options available cash and card - with the card giving a reduction on the cost of the goods.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8618541.stm

Didnt use is i have no card and dont intend to get one. The amount of people having a pint last night was laughable. I counted about 3 people. Reckon they must have lost a fortune in revenue. Me and my mate usually spend about £15 a match but spent nothing yesterday, just had a few cans before the match.

Well thay said it'd be easier/quicker to get served !!

Worked well for me I walked into the ticket office earlier in the day and stuck £10 on there then before the game I walked into the bar and stuck me card on the plate and said 2 magners please then she tells me oh you have just paid for somebodys larger so I said I aint having that so she starts saying '**** this and **** that' so I said I want a refund so they go and get the dutch bloke and he stick £5 on my card and I said I am annoyed not paying for cider and walked out.

I now have 2 pints of magners and a card with £12.60 on it

Good times :)

What a joke i only wanted a ****ing pie an i only had 4.60 on me so i wasnt allowed to get one stupid ****ing scheme.
Did anyone else notice that nobody at all got any beer or any food last night usually the pies are gone come half time whereas last night they had loads going in the bin? (great idea)
Just do what several of my mates did an ill be doing next game just take a beer in with ya. Sod the club they quite clearly dont want our money!

Wanted two coffees, told the guy I wasnt putting £5 on for 2 coffees gave hm £3 and he charged it up.
Who was trialing and for whom? Who were the 8 'suits' hovering around the snack bar? How much did they lose - 70/80%? Why on earth was this forced on us when there are so many other issues? As a PR exercise 0%.

Good to see the Onion Liberation squad had their posters up at the West Stand Burger bar. The caterering is run by Azure thus monies goes to them and them alone. yes they pay for the Franchise but if I was them would I be happy with what happened last night? NO!
Why didn't the club just stick £10 credit on our season cards, at least we would have had it already and would entice us to use it.

Queues were very small but how much did the girls cost for re charging the cards?
PR Fail.

What a load of ***** this idea is. It simply does not work. It does not speed up the process. Please scrap this crap

I'm sure it must be illegal to to do this and not offer any alternative. Club missed making some money yesterday out of all those extra kids that were in and who would normally have been stuffing their mouths with pop and burgers at half time.

I spoke to someone from the club yesterday about this and was told "It was the club's idea to do it " and "it is a trial for 3 matches". I said that people would be buying their goodies elsewhere and was told "we are in the fore-front for new technology and Premiershite clubs come to see our new ideas before adopting them themselves". So they will lose out as well.

topped up my card with £5, went to get some food and guess what they had sold out of pretty much everything, went back to the top up lady and was told they dont refund it and could be used at the next game or next season.

Crappy system, stupid idea and Ron has a fiver of my money!!

My school have done something similar, the students now have to have money "on their finger" (whole new vocab come in!) and have to scan their fingerprint at the 'snack shacks' around the school. Lots of complaints at first, but after a few months it works well. Parents can either pay online using ParentPay, by cheque etc or their is a coin loader in the main foyer.

I'm not sure the idea works for a football club. We have the same kids in every day, with a regular lunch pattern...

It just doesn't seem to work for the 'casual fan'.

, went back to the top up lady and was told they dont refund it and could be used at the next game or next season.

Crappy system, stupid idea and Ron has a fiver of my money!!

When the letter was sent from the club explaining what they were doing, i'm sure it said that if anyone wanted a refund on the amount left on their card, then they just have to take it back to the club shop and this would be done?.

I'm sure it must be illegal to to do this and not offer any alternative. Club missed making some money yesterday out of all those extra kids that were in and who would normally have been stuffing their mouths with pop and burgers at half time.

It's not illegal (just stupid). Nobody has to have one of these cards. If you don't like it, don't use it. Buy your food, beer elsewhere (admittedly tricky at half-time but it is possible to get by for a couple of hours without sustinence!). If sales drop off, they'll change it back.

I spoke to someone from the club yesterday about this and was told "It was the club's idea to do it " and "it is a trial for 3 matches". I said that people would be buying their goodies elsewhere and was told "we are in the fore-front for new technology and Premiershite clubs come to see our new ideas before adopting them themselves". So they will lose out as well.

Expect Chelsea to stop paying their players any time soon, then.

When the letter was sent from the club explaining what they were doing, i'm sure it said that if anyone wanted a refund on the amount left on their card, then they just have to take it back to the club shop and this would be done?.

probably so, but why couldnt the steward who topped the card up give me my money back instead of me going to the club shop and queuing up again!!!!!!

The system is ill thought through and NOT customer friendly!!!

It's a trial that has been successful abroad (Allianz Arena) and it was worth a try, but it obviously doesn't work with so many people complaining about it's impracticality.

I think it's something that would work well within a block comprising solely of STH's, as they're more likely to top up monthly or at the start of the season and use it throughout.

It's a trial that has been successful abroad (Allianz Arena) and it was worth a try, but it obviously doesn't work with so many people complaining about it's impracticality.

I think it's something that would work well within a block comprising solely of STH's, as they're more likely to top up monthly or at the start of the season and use it throughout.

What is the "problem" it's trying to solve ?

eh?

I never said there was a problem, just that it's been successful in Europe and was worth trying to see if it would work over here, similar to the text ticketing system which I've used and would recommend to anybody.

Don't know, but it's a kind of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" thing, unnecessary and untimely - we've enough to moan and groan about with the state of things on and off the pitch without something as daft as this as well!

Back