• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Roots Hall Paintings

Make sure you tell him if he’s going to sit for you he needs to keep his clothes on!
A
ps Your painting is very evocative. Look forward to seeing more scenes of Roots Hall.
If you made it a dark and moody style portrait you would capture the essence of Cricko the ZoneLord. In Lowry style would work too, with a "The Scream" style take ala Edvard Munch

Last edited:
Stream Lord, Help Me To Endure This Trial by World Challenge | Listen  online for free on SoundCloud

Brilliant, great style of painting as well. You really must do the other stands. Sort of thing you should be able to buy prints of in the club shop. Dare I say you could even do stands at other clubs & get a little art business going!

Much appreciated, wish I could transfer all the likes I've had on here to instagram as it would show everyone what a special place Roots Hall is to us shrimpers.

I wonder if @Shrimperstrust might be interested in talking to you about this? There's no doubt that there might be some interest for the planned "museum" at the new ground.
Is there a plan to have a new museum at Fossetts ? Its quite a good idea but if it gets dropped from the plan at the last minute no worries - I have noticed that a lot of clubs display photographs, prints and drawings in their hospitality suites and lounges . Chirpy definitely has got talent so lets do that and put his work on show for others to enjoy. . On a trip to Boston United's new ground I saw some great murals along the walls of the concourse depicting former legends at the club - so if Stan isn't getting paid as some people are saying we can display an image of him in recognition of all the good work he is doing.

Is there a plan to have a new museum at Fossetts ? Its quite a good idea but if it gets dropped from the plan at the last minute no worries - I have noticed that a lot of clubs display photographs, prints and drawings in their hospitality suites and lounges . Chirpy definitely has got talent so lets do that and put his work on show for others to enjoy. . On a trip to Boston United's new ground I saw some great murals along the walls of the concourse depicting former legends at the club - so if Stan isn't getting paid as some people are saying we can display an image of him in recognition of all the good work he is doing.
The Trust is planning a museum of some sort, whether that's within a bar area or what is still under discussion.

The Trust is planning a museum of some sort, whether that's within a bar area or what is still under discussion.
Will people be able to buy bits of the stadium as it is torn down, seats, bricks, turf etc? Could be a good money spinner for the club

Last edited:
I’ve painted a picture of the West Stand entrance, been using it for 44 years! For anyone who uses instagram it can be seen at keithbird.art. If you like it like it. I might do some more paintings of our wonderful Roots Hall before it disappears! Cheers. UTB’s

View attachment 20801
So it was YOU in my bedroom with your easel and your brush out! :Winking:

That's the view from my upstairs window!!!

I'll have a print.

:LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Great stuff Chirpy. my very first game i went to,alone 1967,i went through that gap between the houses.
Also went through that gap,like many fans v Liverpool 1979...went through it as a juvenile an adult...and next time i get over as an OAP..great stuff,great memories,great painting

Great stuff, thank you all for your comments, I've had a few instagram requests regarding availability of limited edition prints so this is something I will probably look into. Will see whether I get continued interest but I'm thinking of painting the North bank entrance next (so many great memories of that stand when it was the home end) Please give it a like on instagram, I want to show the artworld the passion of the shrimpers!!
Count me in for a print if you decide to produce them. I've got a couple of prints by a local artist Richard argent. He can be found at www.footballcartoonhistories.co.uk.
They are very good

Back