• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

West stand (The blue voice section)

first time in the west for some 3 years or so. brought back a lot of good memories. felt completely different to the south upper, for example those bloody posts and the view not exactly the best. But standing at the back and everyone being in high spirits was just great. was very happy to see a drum there as this always gets everyone going.

not that it needed much getting going, can't remember much more than a few minutes of silence the whole game, constant cheering the whole game. highlight was the 15 minute great escape cheer. my voice is killing me now but was really great fun. sounded really sound from where we were, doubt it was anywhere near as it sounded in there.

I really hope more people will change there seat for the next game against daggers and see what its like for themselves, i'm sure they will like it and may even consider moving their season ticket there.

Well done to everyone there tonight. shame about the attendance but that was to be expected with the club setting stupid prices and don't blame people for giving it a miss.

West sounded pretty good from the South Upper. The drum was very loud. Cracking atmosphere in the Upper though. Lots of fun was had by all.

first time in the west for some 3 years or so. brought back a lot of good memories. felt completely different to the south upper, for example those bloody posts and the view not exactly the best. But standing at the back and everyone being in high spirits was just great. was very happy to see a drum there as this always gets everyone going.

not that it needed much getting going, can't remember much more than a few minutes of silence the whole game, constant cheering the whole game. highlight was the 15 minute great escape cheer. my voice is killing me now but was really great fun. sounded really sound from where we were, doubt it was anywhere near as it sounded in there.

I really hope more people will change there seat for the next game against daggers and see what its like for themselves, i'm sure they will like it and may even consider moving their season ticket there.

Well done to everyone there tonight. shame about the attendance but that was to be expected with the club setting stupid prices and don't blame people for giving it a miss.

Is that an option then coz I'd gladly move from my spot in the east after what I experienced tonight. Where were you sitting tonight Matty? I was in Block V on my todd lol.

It was my first time at Roots Hall for a few months, having been away at Uni and I really enjoyed myself in the Blue Voice section today. The fact that the ticket office guy wouldn't sell me a Block W ticket had me really confused though!

It was a real shame about the prices lowering the attendance but those of us that were there more than made up for it with the singing and the drums (good effort from the guys beating them!) and the Great Escape was just pure class. More of the same in the future please guys!

You wait till the drum gets a new skin and a bit of tuning!!..(If anyone can help with this that would be much appreciated?)

But, there's no doubting even with a paltry attendance, that we CAN make a lot of noise at RH if we all pull together.

So, come on people, next FA Cup game or even the Oldham game if your a non-seaso, get yourself over to The West Stand (Block V & W) and sample The Blue Voice Section for yourself.

Well done to all this evening, we enjoyed ourselves didn't we?..

More of the same next game please!

Last edited:
Is that an option then coz I'd gladly move from my spot in the east after what I experienced tonight. Where were you sitting tonight Matty? I was in Block V on my todd lol.

i sat in block w, row s. loved it there. 2nd hald was much better, not being bothered about standing up! bring on daggers.

Just out of interest..

Could those of you in The East, South and Southern end of West Stand hear the drum clearly this evening?

Just out of interest..

Could those of you in The East, South and Southern end of West Stand hear the drum clearly this evening?

We in the East heard that drum LOUD AND CLEAR mate.

The good news i can report is the old gits were clapping to the "Great Escape" around me, though haven't mastered the der,der,der,der,der,der,der,der,der before the chorus of Southend.
Still,an improvement is there for all to see.

PS drummer boy,the jungle tune played on yer drum needs to be quicker (the tune where we all chant "blues" at given intervals of said drumming)

The West were awesome tonight,i could hear so much across the pitch.
You just need some original material as some songs are sh1te frankly.

Looking forward to Oldham now as the big drum kicks in,just need to be slightly more intimidating towards the opposing fans -in my opinion.

Just out of interest..

I could hear the drum quite clearly in the East Yellows.:)

Top effort from you guys,keep up the good work.:D

That's confirmation from The East then...

South Upper?

West Family Section?

Let's ALL join in with the drum against Oldham please chaps and chapettes.

I couldn't get to the game last night so I listened through the internet to the BBC radio commentary. It was the people from BBC Oxford and I thought it would be very one sided but was quite surprised it seemed a reasonably fair account. In the background I could hear the crowd but chants were all for Oxford. I could hear the drum but they seemed to be using it for their chants!
It was probably the north bank acoustics.

West Family section, big yes from us, as I said elsewhere, sounded great last night. My 9 year old was loving it, and singing his heart out with you!

Indeed the drum was superb smiffy! bet your hands ache now fella!

Indeed, blisters even!

The drum should sound better after a tuning, in time for the Oldham game.

Come and join us in the west people and lets have an xmas party!

Santa outfits, hats and all xmas attire is encouraged to be worn by all!

Smallest crowd for ages, but by far the best atmosphere!

Felt a bit like the old days with so many spare seats. To begin with I thought it was going to be very quiet, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Well done all.

Could hear the Blue Voice Section in the South Upper (East side Corner) very well last night. You sounded great, just a shame the rediculous pricing made so many stay away.

Are you looking for someone who can do the work, Smiffy, or is cost the problem?

The drum needs a pro to look at it really and give it a little spruce up, obviously if the work was done on the cheap that would help the blue voice coffers a bit!...

Have those behind the blue voice asked the club about the possibility of season ticket holders moving permanently to the Blue Voice area? over the last couple of games i've wished I was in the west and being there last night the atmosphere was ten times as good as the East. I agree with those who said last night reminded them of the old days...an attendance so poor that only the die hards are there and so it almost had the feel of an away game.

Back