• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dean25710

Schoolboy
I've had enough of people in the west stand now, all i hear every game is he's rubbish so is he's, well if you dont like it f**k off!, you moan about supports not being loyal when all you do is slate the players for 90 minutes. Get Off Their Back!

Well, 'W' may have had our faults today but I can't say that I thought that was one in our part of the West!

Blimey, we even applauded Blair off today after a pretty average performance by him, but he'd given his best and obviously wasn't right, as confirmed later.

And a lot of us didn't necessarily agree with some of the subs but we went with it and gave it a go.

Last edited:
i sit in W block and it not the BV or anything like that, its the people who say they r loyal turn up too one or two games and slate the whole team saying they are s**t, gets on my nervs lol

I've had enough of people in the west stand now, all i hear every game is he's rubbish so is he's, well if you dont like it f**k off!, you moan about supports not being loyal when all you do is slate the players for 90 minutes. Get Off Their Back!

where in West stand. Seems unfair too blame a whole stand. I know its quiet but can you reallly hear the entire stand from where you sit?

W block was poor yesterday, but as already noted i didnt hear any abuse

I used to sit in the West stand, but now have moved to the east. This was a few seasons ago when there was so much slating Gower and Maher that it was making my Roots Hall experience miserable.

I sit randomly in the West and actually think the atmosphere is pretty good, much, much better than the "good old days". Yesterday there was an old boy who really knew his stuff (agreed with everything I said :) ) and the BV does help.
I went with my sister on Tuesday who was over from Canada and was next to a group of blokes who think you go to hear their sarcastic bollocks. I normally have a rant at these sort of guys but as I was with my sister I just did my usual of encouraging the team e.g. when they lose a ball skrieking "win it back, son", and when they do saying "well done". Well do you know they started doing the same and although there was still some sarcastic bollocks there were also some good comments. It was easier for them as we were 2-0 up of course.
Basically I suppose the answer is that most people gp to see their team do well. When they don't they get frustrated and moan but they need to realise it does not have a positive effect on the players.
However there will also be fans who just go to moan. The old sod in the yellow jacket moaning through a whole game when we won the league a few years ago. Zeeees.You will never win with these people as this quote from Fever Pitch illustates.

Fan 1: What about last season?
Fan 2: What about it?
Fan 1: They were rubbish. They were ****ing rubbish.
Fan 2: They weren't that bad.
Fan 1: They were ****ing rubbish last year. And they were ****ing rubbish the year before. And I don't care if they are top of the League, they'll be ****ing rubbish this year, too. And next year. And the year after that. I'm not joking.
Fan 2: I don't know why you come, Frank. Honest I don't.
Fan 1: Well, you live in hope, don't you?

i was at wembley today and at half time was talking to the gooners and as we got talking few of them said they watched a few games this year and thought the atmosphere is great at the hall..

Back