• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The goals wil ce if the chances keep coming it's better to have chances than to have none!!

I see Weston as a pure and simple left winger, his no where near good enough to be a striker or forward. Personally id prefer to start with him and worrall, two pacey wide men having a go at the defence. I can't stand when he comes off the bench and teams are prepared for it, because once his on we're so one dimensional its almost hard to believe. Works well when other teams don't prepare for it or expect it.

I think like the rest of the squad more improved shooting/finish practice is needed. Take yesterday's game we had two shots on target, the goalmouth scramble that was diverted onto the post and the goal form inside the six yard box. with the amount of chances we had we should be testing their keeper at least four or five times.

Looking at it, more of the same Vs Barnsley. I rather let them worry about our attack, than we worry about their & stop them playing. More of Peterborough/Vales display will be enough to beat them.

The target to get 6 more wins before we play the scums on Boxing days, be nice to come to that match with pressure off our shoulder!

Myles is an impact sub. He should come on every match when there is 30 minutes remaining. If nothing else he worries tired defenders. Surely his shooting will improve as he gains more match time....

In a 433 or on the wing he is pretty good (Wozza not really suited to a 433).
If Weston was a finisher with the rest of his game he would be in the Championship- we have him because he's not the complete article.

If he could get 2-3 goals and a bit more confidence however he can do a good job in a 433, maybe a 442 if someone prolific alongside (oh for someone who could score 5 goals in 4 games- but we could never afford one of those...)

In a 433 or on the wing he is pretty good (Wozza not really suited to a 433).
If Weston was a finisher with the rest of his game he would be in the Championship- we have him because he's not the complete article.

If he could get 2-3 goals and a bit more confidence however he can do a good job in a 433, maybe a 442 if someone prolific alongside (oh for someone who could score 5 goals in 4 games- but we could never afford one of those...)

Agreed but I still worry that he won't get those 2-3 goals to kick on, it's so frustrating, he looks the part up front other than the finishing. He reminds me a bit of Laurent, he does all the hard work and then misses the simple chance. I sincerely hope that will change but sadly doubt it :sad:.

I see Weston as a pure and simple left winger, his no where near good enough to be a striker or forward. Personally id prefer to start with him and worrall, two pacey wide men having a go at the defence. I can't stand when he comes off the bench and teams are prepared for it, because once his on we're so one dimensional its almost hard to believe. Works well when other teams don't prepare for it or expect it.

Disagree with that. I'm not saying we should play him as a target man or play him up front every week, but he gives another option and it is selling him short to say he's no-where near good enough. He did his job well yesterday. Retained possession well on several occasions with his back to goal and also got on the end of a number of balls over the top which is what you want from your strikers.

As I said he's not an out an out striker, but if everyone was fit and PB wanted to play 3 forwards Weston needs to be one of them. He gives the flexibility on the pitch that Pig,Moon & Hunt don't.

He personally wouldn't be my first choice as a winger or as a striker, but his ability to play both roles (and both simultaneously as he did yesterday) makes him a very important squad member.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Weston Isn't a great player, but he's definitely not a winger IMHO.

As someone said earlier, he's the type of player who needs to score a goal or two and this would bring a bit more faith in his own ability.

He looked far better suited yesterday than he does playing wide and if he had played for the opposition, we'd be saying "their quick bloke upfront was a bit of a handful and we were lucky he couldn't finish".

That's how I saw him. If that chance had gone a foot inside the post in the first half, who knows he might have got a second.

Bottom line is, he's getting into decent positions and goals may come. He took his chance at Crawley OK.

At the moment, we are creating chances and causing problems and his presence opened up options for other players.

Definitely need to hit the target more, but that's a team problem and not just his own.

All in all, I'd persevere with him for the moment as a striker.

Yep, couldn't agree more.

Weston Isn't a great player, but he's definitely not a winger IMHO.

As someone said earlier, he's the type of player who needs to score a goal or two and this would bring a bit more faith in his own ability.

He looked far better suited yesterday than he does playing wide and if he had played for the opposition, we'd be saying "their quick bloke upfront was a bit of a handful and we were lucky he couldn't finish".

That's how I saw him. If that chance had gone a foot inside the post in the first half, who knows he might have got a second.

Bottom line is, he's getting into decent positions and goals may come. He took his chance at Crawley OK.

At the moment, we are creating chances and causing problems and his presence opened up options for other players.

Definitely need to hit the target more, but that's a team problem and not just his own.

All in all, I'd persevere with him for the moment as a striker.

If PB wants to play a front 3, then Weston should be one of them. If I recall rightly he played a similar role at Fleetwood on the opening day (with only Mooney up front - in a front 2) and he looked by far our best player, certainly from an attacking perspective.

The only thing I'd disagree with you is the goals...of course it would be nice if he could get on the score sheet more often, but it's not essential. If he plays in a front 3 and we keep winning it doesn't matter who gets the goals. If the 3 work well as a unit and Pigott, Mooney or Hunt get all the goals and we keep winning games then he's still doing his job.

So if all are fit what would be the front three? Would it be as Saturday with Weston and Piggy upfront with Mooney in the 'number ten' or Hunt in the number ten with Mooney and Piggy up top? Or any other combo?

Hunt had his foot/ankle/calf in a big plastic cast on Saturday so for a few weeks the others know they can set down a marker.

The thing about Weston in a 433 or 442 is he is more likely to be up against the CBs who at this level are going to be unsettled by his pace

Back