• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wettest game

Nick Prawnby

First XI
Wettest...

Orient v Brum just after Fry left.

Standing on open terrace and it chucked down.

I got back to the car absolutely soaked.
Took off shoes and poured water out.

And Brum scum won.

Gillingham away early 90's i think, 1-1 draw David Crown scored a screamer and it ****ed down the whole day and we were on an uncovered terrace and me and my brothers were frozen solid, that was horrible!

Yeovil Away this Season
down.gif

Newcastle away first game of the season, the year they went up. It was a beautiful sunny day for the whole journey up but as the coach pulled into the car park it started to **** it down. It proceeded to **** it down and soak us all standing on an open terrace right through the game and whilst we boarded the coach.

We then pulled out of the car park and it stopped raining and the sun came out. And we lost 3-2.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Jan. 25 2005,11:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 25 2005,11:23)]Maccs away a few years ago when Dave did his knee in.
' I wasn't ****ed, I was pushed !!!'
You try having Napper jump on you!

Darlington away. As I recall, Jenkins scuba'd down the left and crossed for Conlon to quite literally, like a salmon to score. Not with his head but his snorkel which was tangled up in his flippers.

Yeovil this season just pips Macclesfield a couple of years ago. Probbaly been rainier matches but the open uncovered terraces tend to stick in your mind.

The memory has dimmed the details a bit but it was Sheffield Wednesday at home. During the match the rain poured down and turned the pitch into a swimming pool. Wednesday were defending the north Bank end where I stood. A Wednesday defender dived full stretch to his left to tip away a Blues shot but the mud and muck was so bad the referee did not even notice. I can also recall a fizzing goalbound shot stop in the water just inches from the Wednesday goal line. Typical.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 25 2005,12:14)]Newcastle away first game of the season, the year they went up. It was a beautiful sunny day for the whole journey up but as the coach pulled into the car park it started to **** it down. It proceeded to **** it down and soak us all standing on an open terrace right through the game and whilst we boarded the coach.

We then pulled out of the car park and it stopped raining and the sun came out. And we lost 3-2.
Noocassell gets my vote too. Remember how many Geordies there were in our end?

Hull away about 7 years ago.

It was so wet the players were struggling to kick the ball out of the puddles. After three attempts to cross the ball Simon Livett had to flick it up and volley it to get a cross into the area.

Also memorable from that game was a Rob Newman slide tackle on Mark Hateley from about 20 yards. Hateley didn't fancy it after that and the only other touch he had that half was a throw on!

A couple of fans braved the open terrace, but I can't say was one of them.

Back