• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

'We've all had a drink'

Bentley's Absurd Gait

What are the best sayings you've heard that are designed to calm a volatile situation?

'We've all had a drink' is the all time classic, and I enjoyed Ian Wright's variant 'We've all had a skinny latte'. Also 'Someone's tired', 'Just leave it, he's not worth it'.

Any more?

What are the best sayings you've heard that are designed to calm a volatile situation?

'We've all had a drink' is the all time classic, and I enjoyed Ian Wright's variant 'We've all had a skinny latte'. Also 'Someone's tired', 'Just leave it, he's not worth it'.

Any more?

someone once said "let's just all kiss and make up"

it definitely raised a few eyebrows and everyone backed away from him, but it worked!

"We've all had a drink" is a classic though

'It's been a good night'

Superb, haven't heard that one in ages.

What I really enjoy is when some one says 'Leave it, he's not worth it' to an assailant who has already hospitalised the worthless one and is considering a further playful punt to the ribcage.

"This little ones not woth the effort, now come, let me get you something"

"Stop it, I'm a haemophilliac!"

"Come on, he's had enough"

Last edited:
"Don't hold me back" when said by the bloke who is not being held but has his arms outstretched and is backing into his mates in a thinly vieled plea to be helped away, and quickly, before the other bloke has a pop

"You want to watch out mate because I do Karate/Kick boxing/whatever..."

Last edited:
Went out last Friday with my Aikido club and there were six 2nd Dan black belts, plus one of my sensei who's black belt in 6 martial arts and was in the paras. Nice bloke as well - you'd never know he could rip your muscles out with his bare hands.

Gives you a nice feeling of security I can tell you.... :D

Brian Jacks once tried to chat up my wife at an event (where he was a guest speaker) with an offer of free judo lessons.

It's f**king lucky for him that I hadn't met her at that point in time.

Last edited:
Brian Jacks once tried to chat up my wife at an event (where he was a guest speaker) with an offer of free judo lessons.

It's f**king lucky for him that I hadn't met her at that point in time.

Wasn't Brian Jacks the king of 'dips' on Superstars? Was that the line he used on her Cyril? A famous Brian (though I think it's Bryan in this case) tried to steam into my ex-missus before I met her, but it was Bryan Adams, and I really don't think I would have been scared to stop this potential 'One Night Love Affair'. Even though I hear he 'Cuts Like a Knife'. I thank you.

I've used the "Stop it, shut up and walk away or I'll throw you out. Your choice" as a doorman before. funnily it worked!

I've used the "Stop it, shut up and walk away or I'll throw you out. Your choice" as a doorman before. funnily it worked!

You're a very civilised doorman Mr G. During my brief stint in a similar role, the opening gambit of choice was 'Out you slaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags'.

One calm down line which never seemed to work was 'don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry'. As a scientific doctor I'm surprised it never occured to David Banner to try an alternative.

My brother's bigger than yours.

well the other night it was -

"Shut up or i'll do ya..."

This was between two ****ed up fellas at the england game!!

It seemed to calm everything down.. well until he headbutted the prick

Back