• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 0-1 Southend United

Chapperz

Striker
A win against relegation rivals is always good. Sounded like it could, and should, have been a more comfortable win.

Harrison Neal making his debut and from radio commentary sounded like he tried to play forward to the strikers a lot while also getting stuck in, first yellow card of many I expect.

Maidenhead draw with Aldershot so we jump over them on goal difference.

Post your match ratings here -> https://www.shrimperzone.com/zoneratings/ratings.php?fixture=140

Decent performance against a poor Weymouth side. Lopata strong in the first half, and Atkinson decent throughout although he takes some stick from the stands. Dennis, the centre forward that Phil Brown played at left wing back made the difference up front and caused them all sorts of problems until he tired. I do wonder if Neal is more the type of player we actually need than Brunt - good though he was.

We have more than enough to compete at this level.

I was just watching via the official club Twitter feed, it seemed like chance after chance for us but we only managed a 1-0.

Matt Dennis has been like a new signing since December?

The table looks quite favorable for the first time in a while.

Good result, anything less than a win against Weymouth would have been a disaster... onwards and upwards!

Barring any major surprises I think that's the three relegation slots decided, I haven't seen anything from any of those 3 sides to show that they will stay up.

Now we just need to pull away a bit more, massive result today and a big step to only have lost 1 in 6

A lot will be made of not taking our chances but at least we are creating them.

I'd like to focus at the other end. We kept a clean sheet!!!!! People will mock that it's only Weymouth. We've said that about many sides this year and conceded. Fantastic to get a clean sheet. Lopata being back is absolutely huge for us.

Well done to the whole team and to those fantastic fans that travelled who could be heard throughout.

On to Yeovil. Come on you Blues!

Last edited:
Listened to the game (or most of it as I had a problem with the stream the first 25 mins) and we were comfortably on top.
It could have easily been three four or five nil.
I cannot remember when I last listened or watched a league game where we made so many chances and threatened so much throughout the game.
It does look like the coaching and management staff are having a positive influence on the players.
On another day things will really click and we will score a hatful.
We look (or should I say sound) like a completely different team and hopefully we can build on what was a really excellent result for us today.
It has been a long time since Blues performance has made me feel so good!
And a massive shout out to the travelling support!
UTB

Last edited:
fantastic... well done all... slowly slowly pull away from trouble.... great result ...back it up now... up the blues!

Great win and a big thanks to all the supporters that attended the match.
For the first time in 3 years or so I now believe that we are on the right track as a club to go forward. Thank you To the new management and Stan for giving us some hope and confidence that we can survive as a club.
My beer ? will taste good tonight and I will go to work tomorrow with a nice upbeat feeling.

Well that was a mustard game to watch.
Dennis up front looked a real handful.
The whole team played really well as a unit.
There was so really good chances on goal.
We also seemed to be man marking alot better, and pressing the opposition hard.
Imo, we seem to be getting better and better every game we play.
And the fans / supporters were really the 12th man today, non stop support.
Onwards and upwards.

One very important fact about our tactics today - we clearly went to Weymouth intending to win, and confident that we would. What a refreshing difference! Three strikers on the pitch. Three, not one. Great!

Weymouth were very poor and have been left hoping that, just like last season, they will get good loanees in this month and climb the table. We have already done so. We just need to score more goals from the many chances we are now creating.

Yeovil will hopefully be hungover from their big FA Cup game this evening. Let's hammer 'em.

a weymouth fan here.wouldnt get too upbeat .we are terrible at the moment and everyone beats us.no one likes our manager.you guys played ok but most teams score loads against us and we had a few chances to score.so i am happy for you guys but most teams in this league are stronger and better than you from what i have seen.obvs not us kings lynn and dover

Back