• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 0-1 Southend United

A lot will be made of not taking our chances but at least we are creating them.

I'd like to focus at the other end. We kept a clean sheet!!!!! People will mock that it's only Weymouth. We've said that about many sides this year and conceded. Fantastic to get a clean sheet. Lopata being back is absolutely huge for us.

Well done to the whole team and to those fantastic fans that travelled who could be heard throughout.

On to Yeovil. Come on you Blues!
Indeed! As I pointed out on the pre- match thread, as poor as they are, only Boreham Wood have kept a clean sheet at Weymouth this season and that was the first match of the campaign.

A good listen, really pleased that one or two things are going our way. Who would have that Matt Dennis would be such a success playing down the middle. Would think he is there to stay now. He was wasted as a wing back or out and out winger.

When Will Atkinson was with us before some years back, I was never quite sure what is value was until he wasn't there. Really good he is producing the goods now and would be a useful squad player at least until the end of the season.

Its a great win but I personally don't think we can say we have turned a corner just yet, we have beaten a very poor Weymouth, not being negative but we do need to put it into perspective.
Well done though boys UTB

Its a great win but I personally don't think we can say we have turned a corner just yet, we have beaten a very poor Weymouth, not being negative but we do need to put it into perspective.

I agree. We need to back it up with a productive week if we truly want to say we have turned a corner, however we could have lost this one and been back in the relegation zone.

Well that was better. Yes, it was only Weymouth and they looked absolutely shot for confidence but we looked bright, lively and chased everything down. Dennis looked a threat every time he ran at them and took his goal well, and it was refreshing to see us create so many chances, even if we did waste them all. The support was excellent as always, I don't have much voice left this evening.

We're still gonna get turned over a few times this season and it'll still be a struggle, but after that performance I have a lot more hope.

Well played. Delighted to get the win and the uptick in form continuing. Will be good to keep this going for a few weeks and get us a boring finish to the season.

The good thing about going on another set of fans board is that you can nick posts that suit you. Well, this one suited me, enjoy. No prizes for guessing which board by the way.

Today I watched two teams on the pitch. One team had desire to get to every ball, to win every header. That team looked like a cohesive group of players, playing to a system and importantly, playing for their manager.

The other team looked bereft of confidence, ideas and competence. Every time we had the ball in a good position (normally gifted to us by the opposition, as opposed to as a result of good build up play by us), we didn’t know what to do with it and ended up going backwards.

Brandon was one of the very few who at least rolled their sleeves up and gave it a go. Cam and Blair played well. Can someone explain why he was then substituted? Utterly bizarre.

I’m afraid my half full glass has now emptied. The club need to act, now, while there is still time to save the season.

Well that was better. Yes, it was only Weymouth and they looked absolutely shot for confidence but we looked bright, lively and chased everything down. Dennis looked a threat every time he ran at them and took his goal well, and it was refreshing to see us create so many chances, even if we did waste them all. The support was excellent as always, I don't have much voice left this evening.

We're still gonna get turned over a few times this season and it'll still be a struggle, but after that performance I have a lot more hope.
Tuesday, against a young Yeovil side who have been showing good form recently, is likely to be a sterner test. Let's hope Bournemouth have tired them out and deflated their egos a bit this evening

The good thing about going on another set of fans board is that you can nick posts that suit you. Well, this one suited me, enjoy. No prizes for guessing which board by the way.

Today I watched two teams on the pitch. One team had desire to get to every ball, to win every header. That team looked like a cohesive group of players, playing to a system and importantly, playing for their manager.

The other team looked bereft of confidence, ideas and competence. Every time we had the ball in a good position (normally gifted to us by the opposition, as opposed to as a result of good build up play by us), we didn’t know what to do with it and ended up going backwards.

Brandon was one of the very few who at least rolled their sleeves up and gave it a go. Cam and Blair played well. Can someone explain why he was then substituted? Utterly bizarre.

I’m afraid my half full glass has now emptied. The club need to act, now, while there is still time to save the season.
See post 36. ?

You are right in whst you are saying.
But Weymouth to me, looked very good, and at times was giving us problems, but SUFC seemed more tight, short quick one two passes.
We did look very good, it was a pleasure to see.

Back