• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 2 Southend United 2

Which XI will start the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bishop, Howard, Taylor, Kiernan, Clifford, Klass, Hutchinson, Phillips, Kelman, Humphrys, Acquah.

Taylor in for White. Is White injured?

Go with our strongest starting XI and get some confidence as well as match fitness. Ralph, Milligan and Goodship need game time to get accustomed to their new team mates and our style of play. Realistically Cox, Dieng and Hyman are going to be touch and go for the start of the season. So KB has to decide between Bishop or Oxley and whether White warrants a starting place in the back four. Oh and if and where to play Robinson

Bishop, Howard, Taylor, Kiernan, Clifford, Klass, Hutchinson, Phillips, Kelman, Humphrys, Acquah.

Taylor in for White. Is White injured?

I’m not sure I get this policy of all the young players in one half and all the experienced pros in the other.....I guess once he’d done it Tuesday he had to flip it tonight to get everyone’s minutes up...

But in my eyes it makes no sense to not see some of the younger players in and among and alongside the senior lads to see how they compare and give them opportunity to learn...

I think tonight will be similar to Billericay. A mixed strength side for 60 minutes and another for the remaining 30. A big factor will be who KB judges needs the fitness/minutes. I think the behind closed doors game will be the one where a ‘first team’ comes together for the first time, then on to Daggers and Millwall - stronger opposition each time. Finally a League One side in Gillingham away to demonstrate whether we’re ready for the off.

I think tonight will be similar to Billericay. A mixed strength side for 60 minutes and another for the remaining 30.

Looks like an exact switch to me and will be 11 subs on 60 mins

I’m just not convinced that on paper it’s two mixed sides....it’s like very much young and old(er) / experiences, with the exception of Kiernan and Humphrys.....

Although arguably this wasn’t evident v Billericay

Looks like 433 again
I do like a 433. You need to be dominant and have good passers though. I hate any formation with three centre halves and wing backs. Basically you are admitting your wingers and centre halves are useless. No team needs three centre halves just as no team needs a designated defensive midfielder. Both luxuries.

Been there (Roots Hall), done it! There must be some oldens like me who were on the South Bank when we humbled Weymouth 7-0 back in 1970 (FA Cup 1st Round). We went on to meet Carlisle at home in the Third Round (re-arranged fixture ) and came up a brick wall.....completely outclassed by the then Division Two side. IIRC, they then went on to meet Spurs in the Third Round. One of the times you didn't want to know the consequences of losing!

Been there (Roots Hall), done it! There must be some oldens like me who were on the South Bank when we humbled Weymouth 7-0 back in 1970 (FA Cup 1st Round). We went on to meet Carlisle at home in the Third Round (re-arranged fixture ) and came up a brick wall.....completely outclassed by the then Division Two side. IIRC, they then went on to meet Spurs in the Third Round. One of the times you didn't want to know the consequences of losing!
Southend or Carlisle had already been drawn to play Spurs as the game that was ment to be played on the Saturday had been postponed .

Back