• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 2 Southend United 2

Which XI will start the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I do like a 433. You need to be dominant and have good passers though. I hate any formation with three centre halves and wing backs. Basically you are admitting your wingers and centre halves are useless. No team needs three centre halves just as no team needs a designated defensive midfielder. Both luxuries.
Don't really agree with this if I'm honest. 3-5-2 offers a lot of fluidity in the transition phase and encourages an attractive style of play, easy to play out from the back and if you have neat and tidy midfielders there's a lot of options going forward.

Don't really agree with this if I'm honest. 3-5-2 offers a lot of fluidity in the transition phase and encourages an attractive style of play, easy to play out from the back and if you have neat and tidy midfielders there's a lot of options going forward.

I have to say I do quite like the 4-3-3 too, but I don’t agree with Zamba’s assertion that 3-5-2 is bad in any way. All formations have positives and can work brilliantly depending on the players, their ability in the formation and the whole tactical package considering the opposition. There’s no golden bullet. You can either be flexible in your formations week to week if the players are comfortable doing that, or you can play your way come hell or high water and back yourself to overcome any opposition.

I have to say I do quite like the 4-3-3 too, but I don’t agree with Zamba’s assertion that 3-5-2 is bad in any way. All formations have positives and can work brilliantly depending on the players, their ability in the formation and the whole tactical package considering the opposition. There’s no golden bullet. You can either be flexible in your formations week to week if the players are comfortable doing that, or you can play your way come hell or high water and back yourself to overcome any opposition.
Certainly you have to adapt, I remember we did a brilliant one on a Shrewsbury side playing 3-5-2 and doing very well with it back in 2014 by packing the midfield to match them.

The most exciting football I saw us play, and I include all of Barry Fry's tenure, was the games n 1978 when John Burridge joined on loan and Dave Smith had us playing 4 2 4.

Back