• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 2 Southend United 2

Which XI will start the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
STEPHEN Humphrys scored another scorching long range strike for Southend United at Weymouth tonight – but is keen to start hitting home more tap ins.

More...

This was the full injury list before the Weymouth game.

"However, Luke Hyam, Timothee Dieng and Simon Cox are all still likely to miss out with calf injuries while longer term absentees Jason Demetriou, Happy Kyprianou, Tom Hopper, Sam Barratt and Lewis Gard are all still sidelined."

We’ve conceded two goals every game this pre-season.

This wouldn’t be so much of a concern but this was a huge issue second half of last season.

Still conceding too many from set pieces as well. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Bond has a lot to work on but our frailties at set plays should be right at the top of his list

Still conceding too many from set pieces as well. Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate Bond has a lot to work on but our frailties at set plays should be right at the top of his list

A bit early to be critical. We’ve not played a full strength side yet, nor have the team been working on match tactics much in training it’s been much more about fitness, as have the games.

A bit early to be critical. We’ve not played a full strength side yet, nor have the team been working on match tactics much in training it’s been much more about fitness, as have the games.

I get that. I’m not hitting the panic button just yet. I actually thought Oxley looked pretty strong and dominant coming for crosses at Billericay but the goals we shipped from set pieces was a major concern and one that should have been addressed and worked on. As well as fitness

Having 'faith' in last season's manager blinded some people to his shortcomings. We need realistic appraisals of stengths and weaknesses in both the management and the players. Much too early to judge anything at this stage. The Gillingham and Millwall games might provide some of the answers.

A weekender.. magnificent rambling old ground, with designated smoking areas and crumbling main stand with broken seats and possessive locals. They don’t make them like this any more so worth the entrance alone.

The match wasn’t great, and Southend far less impressive than at Billericay. It all could have started better after great work from Klass who found a simple chance to score after thirty seconds and fluffed his lines. Weymouth then looked the better side in the first twenty with a more efficient style. Their Sierra Leone international hit a worldy to give them the lead.

Humphrys was most impressive for us. Scoring a wonderfully struck low free kick then setting up Hutchinson to give us the lead at ht. The youngsters tried hard but were largely ineffective. Kelman was brushed aside by huge lumbering centre halves, and Acqua continually failed to control the ball.

Second half came wholesale changes and the more experienced pros. We opted more for long balls, especially from Milligan who can certainly spray a pass. Both sides huffed and puffed and had the odd chance. With a minute left Dru brushed off his man, got to byline and squared to Goodship all alone a yard out. A man who has scored 70+ in two seasons managed to look more like Frank Nouble in front of his ex employees and found the keeper. Really poor.

Much work to do i’m Afraid. Mantom was wasteful again and the passing was hopeful at times. Kiernan looks the part but needs a better partner, Hope Lennon can be that man but didn’t convince at the set piece where Weymouth equalised. Elvis played in an advanced role and did ok. Bigger games to come. Plus points Humphrys... looks a much better option than Goodship. The latter needs chances created for him, whereas Humphrys has strength and skill to make his own. Excited to see him blossom this season.

Where’s Ralph?

A weekender.. magnificent rambling old ground, with designated smoking areas and crumbling main stand with broken seats and possessive locals. They don’t make them like this any more so worth the entrance alone.

The match wasn’t great, and Southend far less impressive than at Billericay. It all could have started better after great work from Klass who found a simple chance to score after thirty seconds and fluffed his lines. Weymouth then looked the better side in the first twenty with a more efficient style. Their Sierra Leone international hit a worldy to give them the lead.

Humphrys was most impressive for us. Scoring a wonderfully struck low free kick then setting up Hutchinson to give us the lead at ht. The youngsters tried hard but were largely ineffective. Kelman was brushed aside by huge lumbering centre halves, and Acqua continually failed to control the ball.

Second half came wholesale changes and the more experienced pros. We opted more for long balls, especially from Milligan who can certainly spray a pass. Both sides huffed and puffed and had the odd chance. With a minute left Dru brushed off his man, got to byline and squared to Goodship all alone a yard out. A man who has scored 70+ in two seasons managed to look more like Frank Nouble in front of his ex employees and found the keeper. Really poor.

Much work to do i’m Afraid. Mantom was wasteful again and the passing was hopeful at times. Kiernan looks the part but needs a better partner, Hope Lennon can be that man but didn’t convince at the set piece where Weymouth equalised. Elvis played in an advanced role and did ok. Bigger games to come. Plus points Humphrys... looks a much better option than Goodship. The latter needs chances created for him, whereas Humphrys has strength and skill to make his own. Excited to see him blossom this season.

Where’s Ralph?
I've not seen anything with Acquah that's worthwhile!??

I've not seen anything with Acquah that's worthwhile!??

I think they hope a physical presence and crosses bounce off him goal ward

Interesting you say the more experienced pros played more long ball....I’m not sure KB wants to go that direction and if the younger players can show some composure on the ball and match it with some discipline to defend I think one or two will be better options......

Not sure how many changes Weymouth made or how strong but despite being under the cosh (by the sounds of it) first half they still gave us a 2-1 lead.....and I'd have expected the senior lads to go on and win the game from there.....

Back