• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Weymouth 2 Southend United 2

Which XI will start the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Humphrys says -

“But it wasn’t our usual pre-match.

“We did a lot of running and gym work yesterday so we were heavy legged and played through it which will do us good and mean we’re fit for the start of the season.”

This game was just a fitness exercise - I don't know why any one is trying to read anything from the result. They were all knackered before the game started.

I've not seen anything with Acquah that's worthwhile!??

When the likes of Kieffer Moore or Tom Eaves were that age nobody saw much in them. Big number 9's are often like keepers, age and experience count in that role.

Academy football is now non contact. So in positions where, lets call it the 'contact battle' is important like CB v target man, young players are making a bigger step up than say if they were a right back.

Been said before by others but I have seen us have bad results pre-season and go on to have good seasons. I have also seen brilliant pre-seasons beating good sides and then seen awful seasons. As already stated this is about fitness and to try things out. I’d rather they find out what doesn’t work now than in a real match. The truth of how we are going to do whil not surface until several league one games are already under their belts.

Well, this is what can be gleaned from the match last night:

- Bond shows a bit of passion on the touchline, good
- Our new manager doesn't suffer fools, Klass was writhing on the ground after a tackle in the first half and Bond just told him in no uncertain terms to get up
- Todorov has set himself a project in trying to bring on Kelman, 'Charlie' was the only name he mentioned for the first 60 mins and he did so frequently. But maybe he doesn't know the names of anyone else yet
- Team spirit looked good, one or two shouts of encouragement from players on the touchline to those on the pitch

The match itself was so dis-jointed that you really can't glean anything useful from it, as others have said that is to be expected now as it's all about getting fitness at the mo

SOUTHEND United’s assistant manager Gary Waddock believes a five-day training camp in Dorset will be of huge benefit to Blues.

More...

Back