• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Weymouth v Southend United, Saturday 8th January, 3.00pm k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts exactly re - Ferguson/Neal. In my system there I see them interchanging, taking it in turns to break up play and start attacks. I’m hoping Neal provides some much needed energy in there.

Spot on my thoughts as soon as I saw your selection. I knew Bridge was out and in my vote above had put Dunne in earlier in the week. Once I new he was out, and Neal being available, thought this could be the way to go and a strong team against most teams at this level and one that could see us drive up the table to a safer position.

I didn't put Lopata in start, as not sure of his fitness for the full 90, but he could only make the team stronger imo. Fingers crossed eh bud?

UTB

(At the risk of stating the obvious) we really need to get something out of this game,considering where the 2 teams are in the table.For me it'll be a good test of where we might finish this season.Are we good enough to climb out of the relegation scrap at the bottom of the NL or will we get pulled back into it?

Are the 3 amigos good enough to take (what is effectively) PB's team further up the table or do we still badly need reinforcements after the emargo has been lifted?

I find myself on the verge of lunacy and in dangerous times, (joke), but I am feeling bizarrely confident today and counting down the hours to be able to turn on the radio. I think we will do well and win. (see told ya, ref the first sentence)! Been here before so many times, don't let me down Blues!

(Found out I Have kidney stones in the week, so a win would bring a bit of relief in more ways than one!!!!!!)

Last edited:
I woke up this morning and over a cup of tea I realised it's Saturday and we have a league game at long last. Makes for a far happier Saturday, well, pre kick off anyway. COYBB, a good performance and some goals in our favour would set us up nicely for the forthcoming year.

I woke up this morning and over a cup of tea I realised it's Saturday and we have a league game at long last. Makes for a far happier Saturday, well, pre kick off anyway. COYBB, a good performance and some goals in our favour would set us up nicely for the forthcoming year.
I thought it was Friday this morning. It was a pleasant surprise for me too that there's a game to be played today ?

Reactions: RHB
I find myself on the verge of lunacy and in dangerous times, (joke), but I am feeling bizarrely confident today and counting down the hours to be able to turn on the radio. I think we will do well and win. (see told ya, ref the first sentence)! Been here before so many times, bon't let me down Blues!

(Found out I Have kidney stones in the week, so a win would bring a bit of relief in more ays than one!!!!!!)
Strangely I'm feeling quite confident today, must be the New Year feeling COYB
I wish you well with the Kidney Stones, I had that a couple of years ago and distinctly remember rolling around on the bedroom floor in absolute agony, hope it clears soon for you........

Arrived early in Weymouth. The John Gregory pub is not exactly rocking but sells good condition Sharps Sea Fury.
Another away win today fellow Shrimpers. Be positive!

I find myself on the verge of lunacy and in dangerous times, (joke), but I am feeling bizarrely confident today and counting down the hours to be able to turn on the radio. I think we will do well and win. (see told ya, ref the first sentence)! Been here before so many times, don't let me down Blues!

(Found out I Have kidney stones in the week, so a win would bring a bit of relief in more ways than one!!!!!!)
Oh my - kidney stones = pain+++++ wish you well soon and hopefully pass them quickly.

Safe travelling to all going today.
Wish I was there but alas I am being careful as due to go away soon and I am in desperate need of holiday

Weymouth have a couple of new players who many be on their team sheet today.

Goalkeeper: Tommy Scott (Aged 22) new signing who has been training with them for some time.

Centre Back/Right Back or Wing Back: Haji Mnoga (Aged 19) on loan until end of season from Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back