• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Weymouth v Southend United, Saturday 8th January, 3.00pm k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
any one frequent weymouth that can recommend best chippy?
Bennett's has always been a favourite from when I was a kid to now. Used to love coming out of a pub of a night with my dad and we'd get chips from there on the way back to where we were staying. Simple pleasures. A forward pass from Atkinson would really make my 2022!

Firstly, 1st game of the New Year so let us start it the right way, on the field, on the terraces AND on this Forum.
OUR players need OUR support, Hobo has NOT gone from P of Y to scapegoat/donkey, he has played in an unsettled line up, with injuries, with illnesses, with huge uncertainties, he does work hard and the same is true of others, JW and JD have got older, slower, it happens.
They play because they are selected, same for Fergie, Dunne and Coulson.

My team, depending who is fit, covid free, and a square peg for square hole.

Arnie
Hobson, Kensdale, Coulson, Ralph.
Fergie, Dunne, Neal
Dennis, Murphy, Dalby

I wonder how fit Lopata is ,also Bridge. Hard to pick a team or formation without knowing who is available and who isnt.

5-3-2 Arnold
Kensdale Lopata Ralph
Demi Clifford
Neal Dunne Bridge
Murphy Dalby
subs Hobson, Gard Dennis Coulson Ndi

Firstly, 1st game of the New Year so let us start it the right way, on the field, on the terraces AND on this Forum.
OUR players need OUR support, Hobo has NOT gone from P of Y to scapegoat/donkey, he has played in an unsettled line up, with injuries, with illnesses, with huge uncertainties, he does work hard and the same is true of others, JW and JD have got older, slower, it happens.
They play because they are selected, same for Fergie, Dunne and Coulson.

My team, depending who is fit, covid free, and a square peg for square hole.

Arnie
Hobson, Kensdale, Coulson, Ralph.
Fergie, Dunne, Neal
Dennis, Murphy, Dalby
Demi played quite well away at Bromley and without him that side lacks much natural width. One of the things that became abundantly clear during that game was how imbalanced our midfield is, full to the rafters of players that just want to play the simple ball and rely on others to either play the killer pass or finish anything off.

We’ve now lost the only creative player we had and replaced him with, by all accounts, a ball-winner. Jack Bridge’s return can’t come soon enough for me.

Yes, we have options in defence & attack but we need someone in the midfield who can drive forward or turn & make space for others - perhaps having Dalby upfront with both Dennis & Murphy all on the pitch would provide an opportunity for one of the 3 to be available to link up with the midfielders & take the ball forward. Problem is that this could make us vulnerable when defending.

As said above, we need Jack Bridge back as soon as possible.

White got a knock to the head, so assuming concussion protocols have been followed I'd think he'll be fit to play. Dunne maybe not so much. So based on that logic...

Arnold

JD Kensdale Coulson White Ralph

Neal Gard

Dennis

Dalby Murphy

I am led to believe that our COVID cases after the Bromley game were Ralph, Clifford, and Gard, adding to Ferguson who missed the Bromley game so will be very interesting to see who's recovered. Hopefully, they all have!​
Hobson & Kensdale in a back 4 is better, this team will get beat by Weymouth if we play 3 at the back, as our players is too old to play in 3-5-2, especially Wingback need to be younger, pacy and good crossing abilities.

Am still undecided whether to go to this game and it is only the distance that is off putting for me a the moment

It depends on Lopata's fitness.
Am assuming when it comes to pace, there can't be much in it between NL and NLS, so Kensdale starts alongside our Sheff U man.
I know he's a nice chap and helps little ole ladies under buses and all that, but Shaun makes my Garmin tracker notch up the BPM's!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back