• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Weymouth v Southend United, Saturday 8th January, 3.00pm k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Lopata isnt returning to Southend until Monday or have I got that wrong? he wont feature I think maher was probably referring to the point that we haven't really signed anyone and bridge is not available due to COVID. Lopata not available Brunt directly replaced for the other shef U lad. and the new concord lad replacing Lopata.. so technically squad number wise we are still in as bad a place as we have been all year

But Lopata isnt returning to Southend until Monday or have I got that wrong? he wont feature I think maher was probably referring to the point that we haven't really signed anyone and bridge is not available due to COVID. Lopata not available Brunt directly replaced for the other shef U lad. and the new concord lad replacing Lopata.. so technically squad number wise we are still in as bad a place as we have been all year
Didnt Kev say he has been training all week at Sheff Utd and returning to us tomorrow. May be fit for the bench but a risk to start

.. so technically squad number wise we are still in as bad a place as we have been all year
The problem hasn’t been squad numbers but the balance of the squad. If Neal can put the yards in that Dunne and Atkinson can’t we’ll be in a far better place (that weren’t Brunt’s game) than we were a month ago. It won’t make us the finished article but would be another step in the right direction.

And if Lopata is back Monday and maybe Bridge too we’ll be looking stronger for the Yeovil game on Tuesday.

The problem hasn’t been squad numbers but the balance of the squad. If Neal can put the yards in that Dunne and Atkinson can’t we’ll be in a far better place (that weren’t Brunt’s game) than we were a month ago. It won’t make us the finished article but would be another step in the right direction.

And if Lopata is back Monday and maybe Bridge too we’ll be looking stronger for the Yeovil game on Tuesday.
yep I agree with that

I too saw an interview where Lopata yesterday, where he said he had been training all this week at Sheff Utd, his day off was tomorrow (in the interview), meaning today, that he was travelling down to Southend, would be assessed. So could well feature some way on Saturday.

Lopata is returning to us for training tomorrow is he not?????

Lived in Dorset for some years (now in Hereford), had a heart attack in 2011. Was in intensive care in Dorchester hospital. In the bed next to me was an elderly bloke from Stevenage who always went to Weymouth for a week’s annual holiday. He got off the train, went to Boots to buy some indigestion tablets and keeled over with a heart attack. He’d only been in the town for ten minutes.
For those going to the match: don’t go by train, it’s dangerous. And definitely don’t go in Boots.
UTB

Arnold
Demetriou-Hobson-Kensdale-Ralph
Ferguson-Neal-Gard
Murphy-Dalby-Dennis

4-0 Southend.
With news Dunne is out, makes this a realistic and even more viable selection. One that is capable of getting the win we all crave tomorrow.

If Neal is a mobile ball winning midfielder, with a good range of passes in his locker, as has been reported, hopefully it will free Ferguson up a bit and he can be more effective in midfield than so far this season, l would love him to come good for us, as with anyone in a Blue shirt.

Lived in Dorset for some years (now in Hereford), had a heart attack in 2011. Was in intensive care in Dorchester hospital. In the bed next to me was an elderly bloke from Stevenage who always went to Weymouth for a week’s annual holiday. He got off the train, went to Boots to buy some indigestion tablets and keeled over with a heart attack. He’d only been in the town for ten minutes.
For those going to the match: don’t go by train, it’s dangerous. And definitely don’t go in Boots.
UTB
Hell of a first post.

With news Dunne is out, makes this a realistic and even more viable selection. One that is capable of getting the win we all crave tomorrow.

If Neal is a mobile ball winning midfielder, with a good range of passes in his locker, as has been reported, hopefully it will free Ferguson up a bit and he can be more effective in midfield than so far this season, l would love him to come good for us, as with anyone in a Blue shirt.
My thoughts exactly re - Ferguson/Neal. In my system there I see them interchanging, taking it in turns to break up play and start attacks. I’m hoping Neal provides some much needed energy in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back