• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What’s your take on banning fireworks?

Ban them from public use?

• Total voters
Recall there was a chap who at one time looked the likely scapegoat, he was charged on several counts of manslaughter but all charges were subsequently dropped.

Eh? Why wouldn’t someone be able to make arrangements?

Again, you’re - inadvertently - doing an injustice to the pet owners, who have to sit helplessly by & watch their pet suffer, and in some cases, die.

Your assuming the 86 year old with the little dog for company has someone they can rely on, except for the dog of course.

Your assuming the 86 year old with the little dog for company has someone they can rely on, except for the dog of course.

It’s very rare that someone has absolutely nobody around them, be it friends, family, support workers etc.

Those who are in that situation, would need to use the run-up to said fireworks event, to prepare as best, and as responsibly as possible. I.e. investing in whatever products were available & best suited to helping pets cope.

I was brought up on 'penny for the guy', and 'Light up the sky with Standard Fireworks'. It could be mayhem, as all the young lads and youths around my area would spend their money on fireworks for a month leading up to the 5th Nov, letting them off in the street. Metal tubes were used to fire rockets at each other. It was crazy. Yes, shopkeepers sold them to young lads. Bangers were the most popular and were thrown at each other, or let off as a nice surprise behind somebody. More families had fireworks in their back garden on the 5th, but they were much more affordable. The next generation, fireworks finally came under more control and restrictions.
My view nowadays is that anything with a bang should definitely be banned and not be sold to the public, but to allow them at displays.

Back