• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a difference 48 hours makes.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
At 5pm on Saturday I was on a footballing high, our 2nd win of the season had finally happened and we could happily drift along until Tuesday week and Donny. No new players announced? so what? we weren't expecting anything yet, if at all. Then, once we'd got our second wind after Accrington the Humphrys rumour got it's boots on and ShrimperZone embraced it with a vengance. Was he ill? nah, he was off, but he may have been ill and we were ignoring mental stress in footballers.....nah, he's off and he can't head a ball anyway, and so it went on. Never mind, it will settle down I thought.....no ****ing chance. Come Monday everything went from bad news to worse. The Donny rumour was confirmed in the Echo and then Hopper was being sold to Lincoln. That last one really hurt, although in the cold light of day I get why we did it and probably Ron had no choice. Then to cap it all the EFL charge the Club with misconduct. So ended Monday on a misery count probably as high as I had been on Saturday at 5pm.

God knows what the rest of the week will bring, we can but wait and see. All we can do is watch and wonder and hope that things will settle down again. One thing is for certain, all of us Zoners need to support each other during these tough times because we are all we've got. Disagree with someone? no problem, that's what the Zone is for but try and do it in a constructive way.

At 5pm on Saturday I was on a footballing high, our 2nd win of the season had finally happened and we could happily drift along until Tuesday week and Donny. No new players announced? so what? we weren't expecting anything yet, if at all. Then, once we'd got our second wind after Accrington the Humphrys rumour got it's boots on and ShrimperZone embraced it with a vengance. Was he ill? nah, he was off, but he may have been ill and we were ignoring mental stress in footballers.....nah, he's off and he can't head a ball anyway, and so it went on. Never mind, it will settle down I thought.....no ****ing chance. Come Monday everything went from bad news to worse. The Donny rumour was confirmed in the Echo and then Hopper was being sold to Lincoln. That last one really hurt, although in the cold light of day I get why we did it and probably Ron had no choice. Then to cap it all the EFL charge the Club with misconduct. So ended Monday on a misery count probably as high as I had been on Saturday at 5pm.

God knows what the rest of the week will bring, we can but wait and see. All we can do is watch and wonder and hope that things will settle down again. One thing is for certain, all of us Zoners need to support each other during these tough times because we are all we've got. Disagree with someone? no problem, that's what the Zone is for but try and do it in a constructive way.

Have we not got another court meeting with HMRC

But I don’t understand ?? Surely we knew we would lose players in this window ? We won without cox we won without humphries we won at MK dons without Hopper.... I’m bloody genuinely pleased we are getting rid of the ones we can now, Tom Hopper is the best of a bad bunch injured for the majority of his SUFC career and has scored 10 goals I think ? Humphries the same ... if they aren’t doing their jobs on the pitch then (they might be the best player at the club) then we don’t need them ... we are ****ed and will be in an even worse position next year (Plymouth said relegation loses them £400k )
I have absolutely no affinity with any of these player’s ‘ the worst SUFC squad ever’ I’m happy if we keep Kelman,rush,Goodship, Aqua and get ourselves a proper big lump **** house to hold the ball up..... I’m happy if we loose millighan/ Mantom/ Kiernan/ oxley ( people saying he’s played well in the last two games) you show me two games he has played well and I’ll show your 15 where he’s been toilet ...
I genuinely don’t care that these dossers are going now ... we are clearly under an embargo . I just hope we do bring a couple in within the window ....We are doomed, we have been doomed ever since Bond and Redknapp filled the squad with signings that worked for them but not this club ..
mid be interested to see shagnessey and diang at centre half at some point white and dimmy as backs .... just keep Bishop out of goal !!
Don’t be so sad , we are in a terrible state, we have less points all season Than I have had ****s this week , somethings got to give

I know what you mean. I haven't looked at the table since about September, but that win on Saturday and I looked, and it was oh, its 12 points. Yeah, we are probably down, but if we could put a half decent run together, we might at least to 30 odd points and you never know what might happen. I was looking at the upcoming fixtures, but now...…..

Back down probably lower than before Saturday. Tiny little bubble of optimism and its now gone.

Kelman and Goodship up top, both capable of scoring goals, but I reckon 2 long balls a match are going to stick, and everything will just keep coming back.

Humphrys, I am not too bothered about. Has talent, but is lazy and terrible at keeping the ball.

Hopper, wins far more headers than he should, holds the ball up well, is a good link up player, has pace, works very hard, closes opposition down, and is going to be very very hard to replace.

That's if we even get any bodies in. I can see us letting another couple go, and ending up with a squad of about 16 (half of which are youth players) and then ending the season as that record breaking worst team in the history of English Football.

But I don’t understand ?? Surely we knew we would lose players in this window ? We won without cox we won without humphries we won at MK dons without Hopper.... I’m bloody genuinely pleased we are getting rid of the ones we can now, Tom Hopper is the best of a bad bunch injured for the majority of his SUFC career and has scored 10 goals I think ? Humphries the same ... if they aren’t doing their jobs on the pitch then (they might be the best player at the club) then we don’t need them ... we are ****ed and will be in an even worse position next year (Plymouth said relegation loses them £400k )
I have absolutely no affinity with any of these player’s ‘ the worst SUFC squad ever’ I’m happy if we keep Kelman,rush,Goodship, Aqua and get ourselves a proper big lump **** house to hold the ball up..... I’m happy if we loose millighan/ Mantom/ Kiernan/ oxley ( people saying he’s played well in the last two games) you show me two games he has played well and I’ll show your 15 where he’s been toilet ...
I genuinely don’t care that these dossers are going now ... we are clearly under an embargo . I just hope we do bring a couple in within the window ....We are doomed, we have been doomed ever since Bond and Redknapp filled the squad with signings that worked for them but not this club ..
mid be interested to see shagnessey and diang at centre half at some point white and dimmy as backs .... just keep Bishop out of goal !!
Don’t be so sad , we are in a terrible state, we have less points all season Than I have had ****s this week , somethings got to give

Agree with a lot what you say but I'll take the Oxley challenge. He has never had 15 bad games for us......More than 15 good ones then yes.

There is a lot of good sense written on this forum (once the repetitive garbage is sifted) and I understand the emotions that RHB narrates.
However we are, in most probabilities, going down AND Mr Cox, Hoppy and Hump would not figure on playing at Div2 level so we may as well stop kidding ourselves otherwise.
Cash in as we can and start learning more about what we have.
Forwards, we will have a handful, all untried at league level, but very good performers at U23. A series of run outs for the rest of the season can help know what we have and need to add to.
How about Kyp and Lennon being available before May? Or Gard, Clifford getting pitch 1st team time?

Back