• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DTS

The Business
Last seasons visit of Plymouth was probably the worst point of the season for me (I did miss AFC Wimbledon at home to be fair) and for me was the straw that broke the camels back. The side that night put in one of the most spineless displays I have ever seen. We were literally out fought in every area of the pitch that night and as their second goal went in I called for Sturrock to go as did a few other around me. It was embarrassing.

What a contrast to today. What impressed me most was the level of fight and commitment shown by every one of the starting XI. I cannot single out an individual as I thought we as a side were fantastic. The movement was great, the players played neat triangles. Even from a goal kick we were passing it to Laird to start and build. Lost track of the amount of time the midfield sprinted back to get in a tackle. The stats show three shots on target but I don't think that does it justice as we got a lot of great blocks and late tackles in.

This for me was what I pay to see. I don't expect given our finances to be the best side but I do expect to fight as hard as anyone and if this is anything to go by then I am looking forward to this season. Fair play to PB not been a fan but I cant recall the last time I enjoyed watching a Southend side this much.

I liked the ironic humour of there left back today he cheered me up also getting his mates to put
his name on the back of his shirt

We had him a few years ago and came out with the classic headline "Blackman on trial". It was off the OS as soon as Scriv or whoever it was realised what they had done

This for me was what I pay to see. I don't expect given our finances to be the best side but I do expect to fight as hard as anyone and if this is anything to go by then I am looking forward to this season. Fair play to PB not been a fan but I cant recall the last time I enjoyed watching a Southend side this much.

Agree with all of your post especially this.:thumbsup:

Yes DTS, signs have been there throughout pre-season that Phil Brown has got the team fitter and playing much neater football than we've been used to. If we can continue with that - and I see no reason why we shouldn't - then I really think we're a force to be reckoned with this year. Plymouth were backed to win this match, hopefully that's sent a warning out to the rest of the league.

Back