• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a fantastic time to be a Shrimper

bluebrian

First XI
Sitting here trying to get back in to my work. Start doing something and then my mind wanders back to Saturday afternoon and I just sit there with a big grin over my face. One of the things I was thinking about is how much better it can get. For me I will take mid-table this season as long as we get to at least the semi finals of the FA Cup - It would also be great if we could receive an update with regard to the new stadium. So my question to myself was would it be more adventageous to being playing Chelsea at Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm. I Personally think it is better to be playing them at the Hall. They will hate it here, really hate it and they will be under so much pressure to produce a result. I really think we are going to win the match. Thought the same before we played Man Utd but in all honesty wasnt looking forward to the Chelsea game on Saturday as I thought we would take a massive drubbing. Anyway my question to everyone is (and I do realise its only hyperthetical) but where would you choose to be playing Chelsea - Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm?

Fossetts Farm would bring far greater revenue and a better atmosphere. Imagine 22000 fans singing in a stadium designed to have better acoustics. However, for more chance of winning it will be at roots.

Still i would have to say playing them at Fossetts as it would mean that it has actually been built!

Had a balti pie at Chelsea at half time. Was delicious. I thought £3.00 was a bit steep until I realised the extortionate prices we fork out for the rat burgers and pukka pies in the West Stand.

Back