• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What a Game

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
That was one of the best games of football I have ever seen at Roots Hall period. Every player of both sides gave it their all and 0-0 was a fair result. Even the ref was fair and even although I think the sending off was a little harsh simple because of the way the game was played. Every player on the field gave it their all, hard tackles, passion, pride pick a bad player on the pitch, I can't. I thought Black had a great game, and Barrett, Clarke, damn pick a weak player, I can't. I hope that Jason Price comes up on the market close season, I was seriously impressed with him. The second leg is going to be well good and I think it will go to penalties. Splitting these two sides is near impossible.

Fantastic game of football, 0-0 probably fair result in the end but would of been great to get a goal as the place would of erupted !!!

I am guessing it was the Blue Voice who handed out the flags tonight and if i am correct i'd like to say a big well done to them as the flags seemed to give the crowd the boost that was needed.

Just got back from seing the game on Sky at the Philamonic pub in Barcelona.
Have to say we never fail to disapoint.Thought Walker blew at least a couple of chances for us.
Before the match I thought it would be a draw(1-1 was my pre-match prediction).I really can't see us making it to pens at Donny.
At least I won't have to stump up for a flight over for the playoff final :-(

That was one of the best games of football I have ever seen at Roots Hall period. Every player of both sides gave it their all and 0-0 was a fair result. Even the ref was fair and even although I think the sending off was a little harsh simple because of the way the game was played. Every player on the field gave it their all, hard tackles, passion, pride pick a bad player on the pitch, I can't. I thought Black had a great game, and Barrett, Clarke, damn pick a weak player, I can't. I hope that Jason Price comes up on the market close season, I was seriously impressed with him. The second leg is going to be well good and I think it will go to penalties. Splitting these two sides is near impossible.

Sorry mate have disagree with what your saying. Black was far from great, we should have scored and dont think price was that great.

Have to say Doncaster are the best footballing team I've seen at the Hall this season but for Daryl we would have lost tonight.

Surely a joke???

I thought it was a poor match, and the ref was poor like always.

Surely a joke???

I thought it was a poor match, and the ref was poor like always.

Its was a cracking game, great atmosphere, fast tempo, players charging in and playing with passion.

We didnt play the ball around as well as we can, nor create enough chances but it was still a good game.

Ref was ok I thought, didnt go card crazy which he could easily have done.

Yes we have played better, but the atmosphere and the occassion made it a good night.

We may have let them play too much, but bear in mind they are one of the best sides this season.

brilliant atmosphere tonight, donny just edged it for me, was a good game played at a frantic pace with both sides putting it about, looking forward to the trip up to doncaster next week woooooooooooooooo

Dont get much of a chance to see Southend play these days,but i was well impressed. Tackles were flying in a bit, which tended to cancel each other out, but over all i can see us nicking it up there.

Back