• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

simac21

Coach
after seeing the attendance of last nights England under 21's i dont think our near by neighbours will be getting any future England matches. If Southend had been given the opportunity to hold an under 21's i could guarantee we'd fill the whole ground.

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX

Well so far they have given us an U17 game, a women's international and now an U21 game so they can't be too unhappy. Plus considering it was a 4.00 pm kick-off time, when kids will have only just got out of school and many people will still be at work, it wasn't that bad really.

Happy to see you've made a good start and seem to have put many of your problems behind you. See you anon.

True H and I doubt if we would of got many more if it had been held at RH.

rubbish, we would have filled it. There are 10,000 unemployed Wet Spam fans in Southend alone I'm sure.

I think we would have sold out for sure. Who did the u21's play?

Me and my missus are both primary school teachers, I work about 15mins from Colchester and she 25mins and both our schools got phone calls in the morning on Tues offering our schools 50 free tickets! Sounds like they couldn't give them away quick enough! Think it was down to the 4pm KO tbh, why would they do that?

Last edited:
after seeing the attendance of last nights England under 21's i dont think our near by neighbours will be getting any future England matches. If Southend had been given the opportunity to hold an under 21's i could guarantee we'd fill the whole ground.

ONE TEAM IN ESSEX

Why did the F.A. give them the game in the first place?. Did they put themselves in the frame for it?. Did we?. I've got no idea so any answers would be beneficial.

To be fair to The FA, they had no choice in the kick-off time; all of the final Under-21 group fixtures were scheduled to kick-off at the same time so, with matches taking place in the likes of Latvia and Russia, UEFA decreed that all games would start at 17:00 Central European Time, which equated to 4:00pm here in the UK.

Why did the F.A. give them the game in the first place?. Did they put themselves in the frame for it?. Did we?. I've got no idea so any answers would be beneficial.

Well, for a start, at the time the fixture was awarded we were facing a winding up order, they weren't. The FA are often very foolish but even they would not award an U21 fixture to a club which might have ceased to exist by the time the match came around.

I think we would have sold out for sure. Who did the u21's play?

Chances of our ticket office coping with a full house are non-existent even if there were 11,000+ people who wanted to see Lithuania U21s at 4pm on a work/school day. Under the circumstances the crowd was pretty reasonable.

Back