• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are our promotion prospects like?

SUBBlue

Manager
Now that Gower is gone it also looks pretty likely Flavs,Bailey & Clarke will be next.
That's pretty much the core of our last seasons team leaving.

Tilly & Brush have got to sign some pretty outstanding players to replace them in my view.
They have then got to integrate the new signings into the team & make the team gel - this will take time.

Don't wish to sound pessimistic but I think the chances of our gaining promotion this coming season are slim.

Discuss.

I think it likely depends on how many points we get relative to everyone else. If we end the season with a few more than everyone else barring 1 or 2 teams, then I think our chances are good to most excellent.

Again I think this is another topic we can't really properly talk about for another month or just over. Until we see who our next 3 or 4 signings at least are, it is impossible to judge.

I noticed that the Orient forum already think we're going to have a shocker though. Last laugh will be on them I still believe.

Feel a bit glum about them at the moment with Gower gone, Bailey and Clarke on the list hardly makes for good feelings.

However have faith in T&B to turn it round and I am pleased(ish) with the signings so far. This time last year who had heard of Nicky Bailey and now he is essential to us. Depends who comes in really.

In all seriousness though, its still June.

There's another month and a half of transfers, comings and goings, cashflow discussions and other teams losing their prize assets before we'll have any idea, and even then another 6 months until things take shape. By November last year, we had people calling for Tilson's head. By February, we had people defiant we were going up automatically.

Those are big players to replace IF they all go (except Daryl, he's quite short), but we will do. Whether they're adequate or not, time will tell, but at least Tilly has a few weeks to do his homework (and I'm sure he's been thinking about these thigns already, what with this being his job and all)

Feel a bit glum about them at the moment with Gower gone, Bailey and Clarke on the list hardly makes for good feelings.

However have faith in T&B to turn it round and I am pleased(ish) with the signings so far. This time last year who had heard of Nicky Bailey and now he is essential to us. Depends who comes in really.

Drawing a comparison, it makes me wonder how Manchester United would fare if Van Der Sar, Ferdinand, Ronaldo & Hargreaves left the club.

Apart from using other members of their 40 plus man squad & going out & spending £m on replacements of course...

To add a betting angle to it, best price on us to be promoted is 6/1 with SkyBet - that is to say, a 14.29% chance.

I'd say the same as last season... playoffs, maybe just outside. If we can get a few reasonable replacements for the players that have left or will leave it'll come down to whether they stay fit over the season.

Also that little bit of luck you need when you come up against teams who are out of form or have key players missing themselves.

Surely it depends on what players we get in, how well we play, and how well the other 23 teams play.

Too early to say, at this point we have as good a chance as anyone else.

To add a betting angle to it, best price on us to be promoted is 6/1 with SkyBet - that is to say, a 14.29% chance.

But they haven't got a clue that we have got rid, getting rid of our best players, 12/1 chance if you ask me!

But they haven't got a clue that we have got rid, getting rid of our best players, 12/1 chance if you ask me!

Well I wasn't asking you, but seeing as you've conjured it up, are you laying that 12/1 wiggy?

I'm not saying we're locks for promotion by any means, but that's too big. Put me down for £25 at that price please.

Back