• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are the odds?

Bielzibubz

President
I'm going out on a limb here and confidently predict the following.

Tuesday 16th - 1-0 away win and the mighty Blues through to the next round of the FA Cup.

Saturday 20th - 2-1 home win.

Wednesday 24th - Southend Borough Council giving the green light to the development of our new home.

Thursday 25th - Rochford Council showing reservations towards the development of the land in their jurisdiction but green lighting the project anyway.

Now wouldn't that be just the news we all want and need going into February huh
smile.gif

I dont think we will beat Barnsley, despite our recent form. Think we might have lost our chance last week.

However Id happily sacrifice the FA Cup for a win vs Derby and the green light
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Jan. 13 2007,19:39)]I dont think we will beat Barnsley, despite our recent form. Think we might have lost our chance last week.

smile.gif
I'm thinking that the Barnsley game, though an undoubted distraction and nuisance, is an important one to win now.

Having finally secured our first away win in 10 months,

a) We need to keep that momentum going

b) The manner of Barnsley's equaliser has left a sour taste that the team need to expunge

c) It is doubly important, as Barnsley slide backwards intothe bottom three, that we establish a psychological advantage over them now.

Agreed, we must beat The Dingles now..

Distraction?.... bow locks to that, wins breed confidence...

Go there and do the business boys, we deserve a crack at the yids again.

Come on!!.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 13 2007,20:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Jan. 13 2007,19:39)]I dont think we will beat Barnsley, despite our recent form. Think we might have lost our chance last week.

smile.gif
I'm thinking that the Barnsley game, though an undoubted distraction and nuisance, is an important one to win now.

b) The manner of Barnsley's equaliser has left a sour taste that the team need to expunge

c) It is doubly important, as Barnsley slide backwards intothe bottom three, that we establish a psychological advantage over them now.
I agree, dont care about going out of the FA cup but agree any confidence boosts we can get, and any dents theirs takes can only be good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 13 2007,20:08)]
[b said:

smile.gif

Prior to reading your post SIAK I didn't give a stuff about Tuesday night.

But you make 3 fair points there.

Even though they top the league I think Derby are quite beatable.

February and March are crucial months, with all home games winnable.

If we win them, then we stay up. Simple.

Just look at our home games we have left and where these teams are in the league. Me and TFS were dicussing this on the way home and we have a lot of 6 pointers coming up, especially at the Hall!!

Back