• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Richard_Cadette

The Realist
..... lyrics to the song we seem to have adopted from Stevenage this season please guys? From way over in the East, all I can make out is....

DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA

?????......
?????......
SUFC.....
?????.....

Must be getting old - a few years back, I wouldn't have dreamed of having to ask this kind of question, I'd have just known them :(

..... lyrics to the song we seem to have adopted from Stevenage this season please guys? From way over in the East, all I can make out is....

DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA
DA DA DA DA

?????......
?????......
SUFC.....
?????.....

Must be getting old - a few years back, I wouldn't have dreamed of having to ask this kind of question, I'd have just known them :(

"since i was young
i followed them
sufc
the team for me"

well thats what i sing anyway, please correct if wrong.

Why don't you sing "Southend FC" instead of "S U F C"...? Same syllables.. Works better??

It might sound better but the problem is we are not Southend Football Club, we are Southend United Football Club.

Easy when you think about it!

Why don't you sing "Southend FC" instead of "S U F C"...? Same syllables.. Works better??

Might be singing that in a few years when the ground doesn't get built and we go bust. Southend FC seems the best name to restart

I made this one up when Stevenage were singing their version at Roots Hall last season.

When I was young
I followed you
SUFC, the boys in Blue

I'm older now, it's still the same
I follow you, to every game

DA DA DA DA etc

Last edited:
OK quite a few people don't like any generic boring chants which actually get the crowd going.

So that probably includes:- 'Blue Army', 'Come on Southend', 'Everywhere we go', 'Since I was young', 'When the blues go marching in', 'We follow', 'Were top of the league' (maybe!), etc etc etc

Time for these people to come up with a new song I think.

Back