• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
With the great signing of Simon cox.

What do we still need?

Tbh I think if we sign murray and Sokolik on one year deals for a decent price then we should try hard to sign a big commanding centre half of real quality.

We may also need to get another winger in.

Still work to do but it's looking like a better squad in terms of quality from last year.

Sokolik, Jahraldo-Martin and Murray would all be good business for us and I think at that point, we would be able to go into the new season without feeling like we're really lacking in any area. I wouldn't be overly bothered about getting a 4th centre back as John White could fill in if needed, but I would still welcome the further addition of a big commanding centre half if the opportunity arose.

If Jahraldo-Martin's trial goes well, he's someone I would have here in a heartbeat. Would be the missing winger we needed and now O'Neill looks set to push further forward, we wouldn't necessarily need more backup either. Timlin can also play wide left if needed.

Was thinking the same

what we have contracted

gk - smith and oxley

RB Demetriou, White, oneill
LB Coker, REQUIRED X 1
CB Barrett, Thompson, REQUIRED X 2

RM REQUIRED
LM Mcglashan, Mclaughlin
CM Timo, Lenny, Wilo, Bridge, Wordsworth

CF Cox, Mooney, Williams, REQUIRED X 2
Would like to see, Ranger and Murphy as the 2 CF
The first Sokolik at CB

that leaves us needing another CB, a LB, and at least 1 RM

We won't sign another full back. White can play left back, as he did in his loan spell with us under Tilson.

McGlashan can play wide right too, but I'd agree we need another winger.

I'd say two centre backs, a winger and two forwards. Ranger & Murray could be the forwards that we need.

Centre back a must
Would like to tie up ranger and Murray on contracts.
And that would do me. If you take into consideration the ability of timlin ,atkinson to play central or wide...plus bridge i see the midfield OK.

Great minds think a like. Just posted something similar in another thread. :smile:

I for one, would like another quality striker to partner Cox (I'm fully aware i'm dreaming & Ron's pockets aren't that deep) But the idea of another quality Championship striker alongside Cox with Nlle playing in the hole just behind the front 2 would be awesome, and if Nile Ranger isn't up to fitness or injured, I think Jack Bridge or Mooney could step into that position quite effectively.

Given Barretts age I definitely agree that we should be looking to add 2 centre halfs. I'm fine with signing Sokolik given that he's still very young (and presumably quite cheap) but we need to add a more proven commodity back there as well.

One more creative option in the center of midfield would round out the squad fairly well in my option, I think we can get by without another winger as O'Neill & Demitriou can both play a more advanced role out on the flanks if necessary.

Sign Murray, Ranger & Sokolik, try to add good another centre half and attacking midfielder.

O'Neill is also being educated into the RM role. Gutted about Gunning not being retained as thought he could've filled our defensive short fall.

Was thinking the same

what we have contracted

gk - smith and oxley

RB Demetriou, White, oneill
LB Coker, REQUIRED X 1
CB Barrett, Thompson, REQUIRED X 2

RM REQUIRED
LM Mcglashan, Mclaughlin
CM Timo, Lenny, Wilo, Bridge, Wordsworth

CF Cox, Mooney, Williams, REQUIRED X 2
Would like to see, Ranger and Murphy as the 2 CF
The first Sokolik at CB

that leaves us needing another CB, a LB, and at least 1 RM

Bear in mind BRown wants 20 plus a couple of signings so we wont be getting all those.

LB - White
RM - O Neil

So probably just looking at one centre half if Sokolik signs.

Still wish Moussa had signed but if we can pick up a quality CB + Ranger & Murray then I think we'll be OK. Hopefully Sokolik will impress enough to be offered a deal too. We'll see.

Bear in mind BRown wants 20 plus a couple of signings so we wont be getting all those.

LB - White
RM - O Neil

So probably just looking at one centre half if Sokolik signs.

Yes I understand that, and obviuosly certain players are versatile, I was just stating where I would like to see signings, but make u right. Probably no more than 3 or 4 more is still realistic. Defo need more upfront

Yes I understand that, and obviuosly certain players are versatile, I was just stating where I would like to see signings, but make u right. Probably no more than 3 or 4 more is still realistic. Defo need more upfront

On the strikers...if we end up with cox, ranger, Murray and Mooney....not too shabby

Gutted about Gunning not being retained as thought he could've filled our defensive short fall.
I thought he looked OK at GWR, but one thing I noticed - he never shut up! He was constantly barking orders left, right and centre, even though he wasn't wearing the armband. I got the distinct impression it was ****ing Leonard off. Maybe PB felt he didn't fit on a personality level.

No- we need back to Barrett (who PB rates highly having been sceptical) and he prefers our friend from the Cameroon (via Greek Premiership ) to Gunning. PB of course has been with them in training also.

No- we need back to Barrett (who PB rates highly having been sceptical) and he prefers our friend from the Cameroon (via Greek Premiership ) to Gunning. PB of course has been with them in training also.

Both cov and bury fans don't rate the African defender one bit.

Back