• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
There have been a lot of posts on here lately where posters have said 'enough is enough, I'm not watching this lot for the moment/ever again' (delete as appropriate). I often have moments when I think along those lines, but I'm still going. Of late I have been on decorating/tiling duty in the Roots house and I have to say my knees, back and ankles have reached an age when it is just grossly unfair to put them though the pain of it all. The thing is the goddess does just not recognise the pain my body is going through and keeps finding jobs for me to do. She long ago accepted that she was not going to compete with watching the Blues, so she doesn't try. Which brings me to the tipping point. Do I have a rest from the dross of late and take on more joint pain or keep going to Roots Hall. What do you have in mind if you stop going?:smile:

Anyone who stops watching because we have gone on a poor run of 11 games would really need to question themselves to be honest.

Over the years my support has gone up and down as real world life meant football took a back seat, I didnt go for nearly a decade at one point, but Ive never stopped going because of results.

Anyone who stops watching because we have gone on a poor run of 11 games would really need to question themselves to be honest.
Totally agree with you JM. Even as I am walking out of the ground or turning off the radio after a bad result, I am already beginning to look forward to the next one. Crazy really. Come on you blue boys!!!

I never miss home games but have missed quite a few this season and haven't done many away either. I'm not even going tonight Ss I'd rather watch at home. Still love the club but just not feeling it anymore on or off the pitch and £20 to watch this dross is a joke.

I get twitchy if I can't get to games, text, radio and reports on here take up my attention as much as if I went to the game BUT worse as I can't form my own opinion.
AND there are, it has to be said, some pretty poor reports among only a few balanced posts.
No, get to the game!

I think every single supporter has the right to attend or not attend without being ridiculed either way.

I think every single supporter has the right to attend or not attend without being ridiculed either way.

For reasons like money, family, job etc... Fine. But just because we are on a bad run I think is poor excuse.

For reasons like money, family, job etc... Fine. But just because we are on a bad run I think is poor excuse.

Not really.

I've been over for the last game for several seasons now.Even last season (when I'd booked up a long time before we got to Wembley,which I also came over for).

Can't see myself coming over in May for the Burton game atm though.

The diehards will always attend which is fair enough however there are many who will question their parting of £20 when the team are struggling which is also fair enough.

If you only want to go and watch a team that wins that kind of asks the question why choose to support a league two side.

If you only want to go and watch a team that wins that kind of asks the question why choose to support a league two side.

Perhaps you should ask the 30,000 at Wembley or the 9000 home fans during the championship season,Football is a fickle business and will always be one,Tonight I am watching on the telly with the reason being I cannot be arsed to get there and spend more money.

Just find it funny that people go 'oh it costs 20 quid per game can't get to it' Oh are you the fans who turned up at Wembley?? How much were those tickets then??

Just find it funny that people go 'oh it costs 20 quid per game can't get to it' Oh are you the fans who turned up at Wembley?? How much were those tickets then??

£35.

My funds are very limited hence why I can't go as often as I (used to) wish. I don't know your circumstances Jamie but I've got a family to feed and bills to pay. For me to drive or train it down to Southend and back, plus the game costs upwards of £50, money I just can't afford at the moment. Hence why a trip to Wembley and the occasional glamorous game will (for the time being) be the only games I attend.

Bearing in mind I started watching us properly in 96/97 and I didn't see us finish in the top half of any division until 2005 I suspect I can put up with the current poor run.

£35.

My funds are very limited hence why I can't go as often as I (used to) wish. I don't know your circumstances Jamie but I've got a family to feed and bills to pay. For me to drive or train it down to Southend and back, plus the game costs upwards of £50, money I just can't afford at the moment. Hence why a trip to Wembley and the occasional glamorous game will (for the time being) be the only games I attend.

Yes but not going for logistical and financial reasons is different to just not going because we aren't winning.

I'm personally not a die hard, I no longer get to any midweek games as work makes it hard to do so, I do also miss some weekend games if I have other things that need doing.

What I don't ever do though is decide to go or not based on results.

Everyone's different though.

Football supporters and loyal to a ridiculous degree. Would you pay £20 to see a rubbish band every week-end in the hope they'll play a song you like? No, you'd do something else. Would you pay £20 at a poor restaurant week in, week out in the hope that one day they'll serve you a decent meal? No, you simply wouldn't go back. :sad:

Football should be entertaining and at the moment it isn't. I don't know the answer. Sometimes Blues play some good football; some of this season's goals have been a joy to watch, not just because it's us but because they were good goals.:happy:

Am I going tonight? Yep!:smiles:

Being a football supporter isnt just about watching your team win, there is drama throughout the leagues and throughout our history. Near misses, promotions, relegations, hoping against hope your team turns around a long run without a win to get back in for a shout of promotion.

Its that drama that makes football what it is, it's those disappointments and poor runs that make the triumphs and good runs feel so good. If you don't experience the lows you can't truly appreciate the highs.

I see supporting the team as a partnership. I expect them to put in the effort and I think it is reasonable for the players to expect the same from us. I believe we can make a difference. I am able to be there tonight (although the wife is kissed at me as it means I can't pick up my daughter and so another journey for her, and grief in the ear to me) and I can afford to be there, therefore I will be there

Back