• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

The last of my home made broccoli and stilton soup made up after Christmas - possibly the best soup I've ever made....

Rolled breast of lamb?

I love that, haven't had it for ages.

No, it was a whole lamb on a spit, normally the shop does a pig on a spit but as a special they done lamb. It was like feeding time at the zoo if you didn’t get there early enough.

'Other half' cooked a beautiful joint of beef today, purchased from Byfords ( top class Butchers ).
For the next few days, lunch for me will be 2-3 slices of toast, with excellent Beef dripping spread on it.

'Other half' cooked a beautiful joint of beef today, purchased from Byfords ( top class Butchers ).
For the next few days, lunch for me will be 2-3 slices of toast, with excellent Beef dripping spread on it.
Very true, you get what you pay for, or from.
Byford has always done great meat and fresh provisions.
I recommend Marsh's butchers at Wakering, top meat and sausages.

I thought Byfords had closed? Certainly the one in Rayleigh has.

I thought Byfords had closed? Certainly the one in Rayleigh has.

They sold that one a few years ago, but for what-ever reason the new owners had to keep the same name. That did 'Byfords' no favours, as locals soon started moaning the products weren't of the same high standards as before, my late mum being one of these!.
Their shop is at the bottom of The Fairway in Leigh, just before you reach the traffic lights onto the A127.
They are situated in a largish Premier Store, with probably 50% of the floor space. Def worth a visit, as they have such a variety of lovely products.

They sold that one a few years ago, but for what-ever reason the new owners had to keep the same name. That did 'Byfords' no favours, as locals soon started moaning the products weren't of the same high standards as before, my late mum being one of these!.
Their shop is at the bottom of The Fairway in Leigh, just before you reach the traffic lights onto the A127.
They are situated in a largish Premier Store, with probably 50% of the floor space. Def worth a visit, as they have such a variety of lovely products.

I know where you mean, used to catch the 29 bus to WHSG from the end of Belgrave Road.

Popped into Morrison's 11ish today, saw they were selling packs of Scottish smoked salmon reduced from £4.50 to £2.70.
Well, it would have been daft not to buy one & eat it for lunch, with a slice of bread & butter!.

Back