• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

i like cheesy pasta. I like bacon. Sadly, combined, it was rank.

And equally sadly, cooked at home with a decent cheese and bacon or pancetta, would have probably been quite tasty. Too often cheesy stuff from supermarkets tastes like vomit!

Went to the Toby carvery at The Bell today. Chef carved me loads of Beef & Gammon, accompanied by stuffing, roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, mashed swede, green beans & lovely crackling.
Followed by strawberry sponge & custard, all for under £9.50, terrific value.
That will do me until tomorrow, then a toasted bacon sarnie before heading off to The Last Post, for a swift half ( or 10! ) before the match.

Went to the Toby carvery at The Bell today. Chef carved me loads of Beef & Gammon, accompanied by stuffing, roast potatoes, red cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, mashed swede, green beans & lovely crackling.
That will do me until tomorrow, then a toasted bacon sarnie before heading off to The Last Post, for a swift half ( or 10! ) before the match.

What is it with Toby and their veg? They seem to think that just serving loads makes it better....well, I've never met anyone who enjoys plain boiled red cabbage, and how difficult is it honestly to make cauliflower into cauliflower cheese rather than boiled cauli with a bit of paprika for colour?

What is it with Toby and their veg? They seem to think that just serving loads makes it better....well, I've never met anyone who enjoys plain boiled red cabbage, and how difficult is it honestly to make cauliflower into cauliflower cheese rather than boiled cauli with a bit of paprika for colour?

They usually have white cabbage as well, and have also introduced macaroni cheese into the menu, which is quite tasty.

They usually have white cabbage as well, and have also introduced macaroni cheese into the menu, which is quite tasty.

I've seen the "mac and cheese" to give macaroni cheese its hot, hip and hyper new name - it has no place in a roast dinner - never seen ordinary cabbage!

I've seen the "mac and cheese" to give macaroni cheese its hot, hip and hyper new name - it has no place in a roast dinner - never seen ordinary cabbage!

Must admit, I've never seen Mac Cheese on a roast menu anywhere, but do like it.
There again, never seen roast onions on a roast menu either, but they do that there.

Love a Toby Carvery and your right its great value for money

Jackfruit biryani from Waitrose - a great big hearty bowl of "this doesn't taste of **** all". Wish I hadn't bothered.

It sounds wrong.

Fruit, yes.
Biriyani. Yes

Together.
No.
I don't even know what it is TBH. It looked like big chunks of white pineapple, but it was firmer and didn't taste of anything and 3/4 of it went in the food bin. That'll teach me to be adventurous...

A 'Hi Five' vegan bolognese what I got from Sainsbury's. It tastes healthy, but it's quite pleasant.

Butcher's over the road from me, won awards for his Sausages & Chipolatas.
So on this typical winters morning today, went & brought 1lb ( sod your kilo weights ) of Chipolatas, & had 4 of them in a toasted sarnie at 11am.
Lovely!.

2 good old fashioned Spam sarnies ( with thick slices of Spam ). Despite what it's made from, still love these once in a while.

Back